Quantcast
Apple to aquire Sony? Oh please dont make me puke!!!

Forums - Sony Discussion - Apple to aquire Sony? Oh please dont make me puke!!!

Here is my take on what Apple might do

they want a piece of the trillion dollar pie Sony, MS and Nintendo are currently sharing with. If Apple was to come in they can either go 3 ways 

1. build an next gen console, very advanced, No games support and very expensive and bomb hard just like the CDi/3Do

2. Build an next gen console, not so advanced and have small game support and lots of ports, it would sell kinder well but not great. like xbox 

3. Build an Next gen console, advanced, competitive and in house game development support and 3rd party support and will explode in the sales and dominate just like the Play station. 

There is the possibilities that Apple could get into if they go alone. 



Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
mchaza said:

There is the possibilities that Apple could get into if they go alone. 


Right now Apple lacks the personal expertise to break into the gaming industry. Even prior to PlayStation Sony did develope games, they already had people with industry know how. Then Sony worked with Nintendo on SNES-CD and they learnt alot about the industry. Then they started building the PlayStation brand and put together developers and aquired developers to expand into the industry.

Apple at the moment does not have any personal with that know how to my knowledge. They lack the internal developers that are critical to a platform holder. They also have no established IP's much like Microsoft lacked when they entered the industry. Apple would need to hire experts asap and put together some stellar internal teams before they could think of going into the industry without any aquisitions. Apple just lacks the infastructure which is why purchasing Sony would be perfect for them.



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

foxtail said:
damndl0ser said

Microsoft could have easily taken over Nintendo at the time, It had nothing to do with the size of Nintendo, but rather the amount of stock available to the public.  Nintendo is a publicly traded company but from my understanding there isn't enough of the stock available to the public for MS to gain control.  Meaning the best MS could do is 49% or less, or whatever percentage of stock that was available.  Which is why Nintendo hasn't been gobbled up by some conglomerate years and years ago (SNES era etc..).   Thats why MS offered this blank check to Iwata, instead of just taking the company over via hostile takeover.

MS tried to aquire Ninendo back when Hiroshi Yamauchi was president of Nintendo, before the Xbox.  Yamauchi  didn't want to sell and is still the majority shareholder of Nintendo.  Since the release of the Wii he has become the richest man in Japan.

My point still holds true, their simply wasn't enough shares for MS to buy in order to bcome majority shareholder.  Just the name was wrong.  But I did read somewhere that Iwata was offered a blank check.  So maybe Iwata is his goto man?



"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

 

 

 

SONY wont sell it to APPLE ,JUST because APPLE can afford to buy them.
SONY may realize that further down the track they may have a hit success and be able to buy apple, or any other company of their liking.
Companies dont sell because the other company is able to buy.



Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

ConnorJCP said:

SONY wont sell it to APPLE ,JUST because APPLE can afford to buy them.
SONY may realize that further down the track they may have a hit success and be able to buy apple, or any other company of their liking.
Companies dont sell because the other company is able to buy.


A company doesn't have to "sale".  He who controls the stock controls the company.  Stock is sold daily and if Apple buys enough of it, they own the company......



"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

 

 

 

Around the Network

It will never happen. Sony is to large of a company.

Howard Stringer and co. has over a trillion dollars in assets. Their cash on hand isn't in the greatest shape, but that was largely due to the PS3, which has been profitable for months now everywhere.

PlayStation Move, PlayStation 2, PSP Go and PSN are all making Sony alot of profit on their own. Some (PS2 mainly) are making "pure profit".

Apple is strong now, but they are not strong enough to take over Sony.



Tridrakious said:

It will never happen. Sony is to large of a company.

Howard Stringer and co. has over a trillion dollars in assets. Their cash on hand isn't in the greatest shape, but that was largely due to the PS3, which has been profitable for months now everywhere.

PlayStation Move, PlayStation 2, PSP Go and PSN are all making Sony alot of profit on their own. Some (PS2 mainly) are making "pure profit".

Apple is strong now, but they are not strong enough to take over Sony.


You haven't read any of the articles in this thread have you?  Sigh...



"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

 

 

 

damndl0ser said:
Tridrakious said:

It will never happen. Sony is to large of a company.

Howard Stringer and co. has over a trillion dollars in assets. Their cash on hand isn't in the greatest shape, but that was largely due to the PS3, which has been profitable for months now everywhere.

PlayStation Move, PlayStation 2, PSP Go and PSN are all making Sony alot of profit on their own. Some (PS2 mainly) are making "pure profit".

Apple is strong now, but they are not strong enough to take over Sony.


You haven't read any of the articles in this thread have you?  Sigh...

I do think it doesnt realize how big the apple has become ...



Time to Work !

Speculation made Sony's actions rise 3% of its value. So yeh, even if it's just a rumor, it's a damn good rumor for Sony.



I heard its cause PS3 was hacked by pirates that apple didn't want to buy Sony anymore. Damn you pirates!