Quantcast
Final Fantasy XIV stays free due to 'current state of the game'

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV stays free due to 'current state of the game'

Final Fantasy XIV stays free due to 'current state of the game'

How nice of Square Enix 38 23.60%
 
To little to late 46 28.57%
 
30 days wont be enough time to fix FF XIV 77 47.83%
 
Total:161
Diablerie said:

Maybe this will stop them from using numbers on their MMO's.

I'm already sad enough that my collection goes from 10 to 12. 

I feel the same. It's stupid enough they did not make the MMO a separate spin-off such as Final Fantasy Online I, II, III, and so on.



Around the Network

If you read the Official XIV thread someone posted the update for the next few months, it fixes a lot. Again look for it in march if you want to play it.



There's a lot of companies out there that keep claiming that their bugs will be fixed in a timely manner, yet most of them haven't fixed them six months or a year on. What isn't explained here is that Square Enix doesn't see a lot of their choices for gameplay as 'errors', 'bugs' or even 'problems'. Some parts of the game are severely hated because they either make no sense or there's something convenient that's missing that most MMOs have done in spades lately.

You can only fix so much before you get right down to the very fundamental building blocks of the game and realize that when they say they'll fix things? That DOES NOT mean that what pissed people off will be gone, fixed or changed in the least. Bugs and such are normal, they get squished. Finding, say, the crafting system is a clunky pile of crap? Chances are it'll stay that way for a good, long time until people get pissed enough to dent their bottom line.



SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:

I vote for all three choices.


I could actually see that as a sentence with some buts and ands sprinkled in there.


"I vote and for all three but choices?" That makes no sense.



badgenome said:
SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:

I vote for all three choices.


I could actually see that as a sentence with some buts and ands sprinkled in there.


"I vote and for all three but choices?" That makes no sense.

"How nice of Square Enix, but its to little to late, and 30 days won't be enough to fix FF XIV.




              

Around the Network
Dno said:

@ crazy man

yup that is very true... if these fixes work right the only way its getting near wow is a price drop to like 19.99... which is super sad because ive been in the game since closed beta and i love it its wonderful.

However just like ff11 it does not need to be 10 million to be a worthwhile venture for SE. that is a good thing. im 100% sure they will make lots of cash off it just like ff11.

I hope they do too, but it is a missed opportunity.

On the other hand, these faux pas may be good.  By limiting sales, then SE will be less likely to devote ever increasing resources to MMO's and concentrate on other genres.



SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:
SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:

I vote for all three choices.


I could actually see that as a sentence with some buts and ands sprinkled in there.


"I vote and for all three but choices?" That makes no sense.

"How nice of Square Enix, but its to little to late, and 30 days won't be enough to fix FF XIV.

The following is better

"How nice of square-enix, but 30 days won't be enough to fix FFXIV so its to little to late"

I used less letters than you did.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:
SuperAdrianK said:
badgenome said:

I vote for all three choices.


I could actually see that as a sentence with some buts and ands sprinkled in there.


"I vote and for all three but choices?" That makes no sense.

"How nice of Square Enix, but its to little to late, and 30 days won't be enough to fix FF XIV.

Yeah!

It's too bad. I was just getting over E3 2009 ("Final Fantasy XIV?! What?! Online?! Whaaaat?!") enough to want to give it a shot. But these almost universally bad reviews are totally off-putting, and next year looks way too stacked to even bother with it.



http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

again i dunno why i do this none of you would have or will ever play ff14 good reviews or not bit the game will be fixed shortly SE gave us a time frame and here is the proof. So in a month 90% of the prblems will be fixed and by Dec 100% will be fixed.

 

P.S. the game is not bad in fact its pretty awesome.. you people need to grow up and dont let reviews run your life.

 



Dno said:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

again i dunno why i do this none of you would have or will ever play ff14 good reviews or not bit the game will be fixed shortly SE gave us a time frame and here is the proof. So in a month 90% of the prblems will be fixed and by Dec 100% will be fixed.

 

P.S. the game is not bad in fact its pretty awesome.. you people need to grow up and dont let reviews run your life.

 

The game will have ANOTHER CHANCE from everyone and critics with the PS3 versions release.

If everything is "fixed" like you say we'll find out in March.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey