Quantcast
Climate Change Deniers/Skeptics or Believer?

Forums - General Discussion - Climate Change Deniers/Skeptics or Believer?

Climate Change Deniers/Skeptics or Believer?

Climate change believer. ... 80 52.63%
 
Climate change skeptic/denier. 41 26.97%
 
Unsure about climate change: fence sitter. 17 11.18%
 
Candy!!! 14 9.21%
 
Total:152

Climate change deniers/skeptics religiously watch Fox News! The same viewers who believe every word the oil industry spread in propaganda in opposition to climate change. Climate change deniers/skeptics are more than likely right wing religious nuts and climate change is not mentioned in the Bible. Big Oil companies and Big Miners got their way by the failure of Copenhagen. It is now up to left wing governments and environmentalists to step up and take measures to slow down the climate change and global warming. 

There is lots of evidence, studies and research by scientists and environmentalists to prove that climate change and global warming is a growing concern and it is getting worse due to the increasing human population and need for carbon fuels to maintain economic growth. The world is getting hotter every year, the polar zones are melting, seasons are out of cycle and more natural disasters. 

Save the polar bears and support climate change. Carbon tax is needed to slow down the big polluters and save the planet from extinction. Think about the future and go Green. Save energy, recycle and invest in renewable energy sources: solar, hydro-electric, geothermal and wind. Nuclear no way- toxic nuclear waste is catastrophic and can only be dumped in land fill or in the ocean/seas. 



Around the Network

This thread is not going to turn out well. I give it until the end of this page for the trolling to start.



My car has climate control.  I've used it.  Climate change is real.  Very real.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

d21lewis said:

My car has climate control.  I've used it.  Climate change is real.  Very real.

I don't believe you! I'll bet you just lower your windows!



 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hasn't earth always shifted climates? Global warming is very real, whether we're even significant to the cause I don't know.



 

Around the Network

It's incredibly stupid to deny climate change. It is real, as the Earth has had climate changes for millions of years.

This also means we probably can't do much about it, but that doesn't mean we can just keep fucking up the planet. If anything, we should be glad people finally are realizing we should save our planet (albeit only a little and for all the wrong reasons).



Chrizum said:

It's incredibly stupid to deny climate change. It is real, as the Earth has had climate changes for millions of years.

This also means we probably can't do much about it, but that doesn't mean we can just keep fucking up the planet. If anything, we should be glad people finally are realizing we should save our planet (albeit only a little and for all the wrong reasons).

We pale in the sginificance of earths demise, it'll be about 5 billion years and I imagin all human life will be dead by then.



 

Seece said:
Chrizum said:

It's incredibly stupid to deny climate change. It is real, as the Earth has had climate changes for millions of years.

This also means we probably can't do much about it, but that doesn't mean we can just keep fucking up the planet. If anything, we should be glad people finally are realizing we should save our planet (albeit only a little and for all the wrong reasons).

We pale in the sginificance of earths demise, it'll be about 5 billion years and I imagin all human life will be dead by then.

That isn't relevant now. We should still care about the oceans, forests, clean air and flora and fauna diversity, even if it doesn't solve the climate problem directly.



Chrizum said:

It's incredibly stupid to deny climate change. It is real, as the Earth has had climate changes for millions of years.

This also means we probably can't do much about it, but that doesn't mean we can just keep fucking up the planet. If anything, we should be glad people finally are realizing we should save our planet (albeit only a little and for all the wrong reasons).

I came in to say something very similar to this. Are we taking terrible care of our planet? Absolutely. Are we the sole or even the largest cause of climate change? Probably not. Can we make the situation better for ourselves and our fellow inhabitants by being a little smarter? Definitely.



"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

lapsed_gamer said:
Chrizum said:

...

I came in to say something very similar to this. Are we taking terrible care of our planet? Absolutely. Are we the sole or even the largest cause of climate change? Probably not. Can we make the situation better for ourselves and our fellow inhabitants by being a little smarter? Definitely.

The things that make sense for tackling climate change generally make sense on a short-term environmental and long-term economic level as well.

Nuclear fusion and renewables research to reduce oil dependence and nuclear fission problems
Hydrogen/electric cars to reduce cost of transport and increase air quality/reduce noise
Rewarding companies for conserving exhaustible resources
Bringing the population boom under control worldwide

And so on.

Whether you believe in the specifics of climate change is tangential to what actions humanity has to take.