Quantcast
Are Christians and North American's cowards?

Forums - General Discussion - Are Christians and North American's cowards?

Being a Canadian and a Christian I am over whelmingly patriotic. I love my country and my God but I've noticed comparing us to the Muslims and the Middle East our religions and nationals are really a bunch of cowards.

Now don't get me wrong I do not believe we should start burning Qur'ans and drawing pictures of Mohammed on the toilet or insulting peoples faiths. But why is it okay for everyone around the world to dump on North America but when we do one thing the whole world freaks out.

Every day in the Muslim world Bibles are burned and desecrated. Christians in North Africa and the Middle East get raped then murdered brutally for their faith. Yet North American's do absolutely nothing , we hear the odd activist go on TV and vocalize their position. But you don't see Christian's in the streets burning Palestinian flags or Somalian flags. You don't see huge crowds of Christians screaming death to Muslims and burning charactures of Mohammed.

Yet a few days ago I saw Muslim protestor burning epogies of Jesus Christ and screaming death to Christians. Now as a Christian I think an eye for an eye is not a good way to do things but you'd think that somebody would stand up and do something.

Think a second really what was that moronic pastor doing? He was yes being very confrontational but he was just going to do something that Muslims do to Christian's every day. I actually saw more footage of Muslims burning Bible's, where are the angry Christian's? Why aren't our governments yelling and getting upset at Saudi Arabia or Palestine for burning Bible's?

You don't see the Pope calling the President of Turkey and asking them to stop muslims from desecrating our holy books. Also it isn't just Christian's what about Afghanistan where thousands of Buddhist holy texts and Buddha statues were destroyed. Nobody said a thing we just sat by and watched it happen.

Now a mosque wants to move into ground Zero. Now constitutionaly they have every write to build one, but a greek church across the street isn't alowed to build. Then rumours swirl around that the politicians want to make peace with hardline muslims and this mosque could help appease them.


WTF why are we appeasing anyone. The Muslim countries never do anything to appease us.

Free speach for example. I was so upset when South Park was going to air an episode with Mohammed and before it aired their were protests and death threats flying around. Finally the south park creators censored the episode. But its perfectly fine for South Park and everyone else to insult Jesus and North America but you insult Islam and your dead.

 

So why doesn't North America grow a back bone. Seriously I don't agree with burning anyones holy book. But if some whack pastor wants to burn one in retaliation for 9/11 or South Park wants to air an episode with Mohammed. Frick sakes they have every right to express their opinions.

Anyone wonder why our countries cower to the Middle East?



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

Being a Canadian and a Christian I am over whelmingly patriotic. I love my country and my God but I've noticed comparing us to the Muslims and the Middle East our religions and nationals are really a bunch of cowards.

Now don't get me wrong I do not believe we should start burning Qur'ans and drawing pictures of Mohammed on the toilet or insulting peoples faiths. But why is it okay for everyone around the world to dump on North America but when we do one thing the whole world freaks out.

Every day in the Muslim world Bibles are burned and desecrated. Christians in North Africa and the Middle East get raped then murdered brutally for their faith. Yet North American's do absolutely nothing , we hear the odd activist go on TV and vocalize their position. But you don't see Christian's in the streets burning Palestinian flags or Somalian flags. You don't see huge crowds of Christians screaming death to Muslims and burning charactures of Mohammed.

Yet a few days ago I saw Muslim protestor burning epogies of Jesus Christ and screaming death to Christians. Now as a Christian I think an eye for an eye is not a good way to do things but you'd think that somebody would stand up and do something.

Think a second really what was that moronic pastor doing? He was yes being very confrontational but he was just going to do something that Muslims do to Christian's every day. I actually saw more footage of Muslims burning Bible's, where are the angry Christian's? Why aren't our governments yelling and getting upset at Saudi Arabia or Palestine for burning Bible's?

You don't see the Pope calling the President of Turkey and asking them to stop muslims from desecrating our holy books. Also it isn't just Christian's what about Afghanistan where thousands of Buddhist holy texts and Buddha statues were destroyed. Nobody said a thing we just sat by and watched it happen.

Now a mosque wants to move into ground Zero. Now constitutionaly they have every write to build one, but a greek church across the street isn't alowed to build. Then rumours swirl around that the politicians want to make peace with hardline muslims and this mosque could help appease them.


WTF why are we appeasing anyone. The Muslim countries never do anything to appease us.

Free speach for example. I was so upset when South Park was going to air an episode with Mohammed and before it aired their were protests and death threats flying around. Finally the south park creators censored the episode. But its perfectly fine for South Park and everyone else to insult Jesus and North America but you insult Islam and your dead.

 

So why doesn't North America grow a back bone. Seriously I don't agree with burning anyones holy book. But if some whack pastor wants to burn one in retaliation for 9/11 or South Park wants to air an episode with Mohammed. Frick sakes they have every right to express their opinions.

Anyone wonder why our countries cower to the Middle East?

I'm not entirely sure, but it probably has to do with the fact we want to avoid nuclear war with the Middle East. Or it's because we want to be the better people and suck it up to them.



I dump on North America because I am an North American and the overwelming Christian faith annoys me. OH and no individual needs to apologize for their countries actions its the government who appeases to much. Also stop assuming all North Americans are Christians. PEACE!



I can't really think of a way to say this that won't come off as slightly insulting... but I'd guess it's because we have shit.

The middle east isn't Africa, but it isn't Europe or America either in most cases.

It's easier to let stuff go when you're relativly well off.  When you have shit you can roll stuff off better and then claim moral superiority.   It's all about claiming moral superiority because shit like that is less important to us because we've got playstations, steady food supplies, hardly any domestic terrorism, freedom of expression/voting etc.



r u sure he was burning jesus?  the muslims consider him a prophet, so that would be a big no-no.  i did see a video the other day when they were burning the pastor( the burn a koran day one) and chanting death to christians.



"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

r u sure he was burning jesus?  the muslims consider him a prophet, so that would be a big no-no.  i did see a video the other day when they were burning the pastor( the burn a koran day one) and chanting death to christians.

It sure looked like what we depict as Jesus. Brown beard and long hair you know. I could be wrong but the news station said they were screaming death to Christians at the time so I put two and two together.

chocoloco said:

I dump on North America because I am an North American and the overwelming Christian faith annoys me. OH and no individual needs to apologize for their countries actions its the government who appeases to much. Also stop assuming all North Americans are Christians. PEACE!

Never said all North American's are Christian's. I just said North American's and Christians seem to be cowards.

 



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

Personally, I think the main difference is about the focus the media place on certain events.

If it hadn't been for all the media jumping on the story, nobody would have even cared that some egocentric sect leader wants to burn qurans. Maybe just a handful of people would have even attended the event. It was the media that claimed it was a big thing and might lead to conflicts, thereby making it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

On YouTube on the other hand there are a number of videos about burning palestinian flags or qurans etc. Nobody cares, because the media don't massively report about it.

Or take the Muhammed-caricartures: When they were first posted in the xenophopic danish newspaper Jyllands Posten, nobody really cared. Just a few days later, the caricartures were also printed in an egyptian newspaper - again nobody cared. The whole story got big when the media massively started to jump on the story and became a catalyst.

And big news stories are always when something really unusual, unexpected happens. If a celebrity well known to be gay has sex with a man, nobody will care. If however a well known republican who usually claims homosexuality is evil is discovered having sex with a man - now that's a story. If Taliban kill and cut off body parts from civilians - that's sad, but not very interesting because they are labeled as the bad guys and you'd somehow expect them to do that. But if US soldiers do that, that's a completely different story.



Of course we are. We are being destroyed by our own institutions that we praise of so much. I am all for getting along with each other and being respectful, but the PC movement is our biggest weakness. 



 



ArnoldRimmer said:

Personally, I think the main difference is about the focus the media place on certain events.

If it hadn't been for all the media jumping on the story, nobody would have even cared that some egocentric sect leader wants to burn qurans. Maybe just a handful of people would have even attended the event. It was the media that claimed it was a big thing and might lead to conflicts, thereby making it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

 


Well you know it's not media who sent death threats to admins and personel of every service that was trying to host fitna the movie back when it was released:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2816721946178147090#docid=7613636982672126146

I remember it was impossible to watch it when it was released as it was taken down on all websites.

 

Anyway the biggest problem is in the obsession of politically correct tolerance we have in Europe/USA, we are so proud that we let people do whatever they want that noone has balls to say accept rules of our society or GTFO, even when the culture they plant in here is stricly hostile against our ideals.



PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

@OP, in short

Two wrongs does not make a right.