Quantcast
At what price would HD-only owners pick up a Wii?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At what price would HD-only owners pick up a Wii?

zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:

It would be really stupid if the Wii's price is what's stopping HD-only gamers from buying it.

its stopping me! id buy the wii if its 100$. its 350 in my country.

It's almost as much where I live come to think of it.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Around the Network
sapphi_snake said:

It would be really stupid if the Wii's price is what's stopping HD-only gamers from buying it.

How so? If someone does not value a product as much as its marketprice, how is it stupid not to boy?



Arcturus said:

For me, it's not a matter of price but a matter of time. I just don't have enough free time to support another console.

Im in the same boat as well,  I can think of about 4-5 games I really want on it but with my other 2 consoles and my PC I just dont have the time.  

I have actually almost bought one,  had a Wii and a couple games in my cart at Best Buy one day,  but the more I thought about it the more I knew I would have to give up other games just to play it or it would sit and collect dust,  so I put it back.



sapphi_snake said:
zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:

It would be really stupid if the Wii's price is what's stopping HD-only gamers from buying it.

its stopping me! id buy the wii if its 100$. its 350 in my country.

It's almost as much where I live come to think of it.


thats why i cant have two consoles.  the ps3 and 360 are at the price they launched at. but the wii is 100 dollars more expensive then launch price. also games here range from 70 till 100$. and games never get price cuts.

and macs are 3k here!



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

If Sony paid me $50, I'd take a PS3. <3



Around the Network
jarrod said:

If Sony paid me $50, I'd steal a PS3. <3

and then sell it?



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:
zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:

It would be really stupid if the Wii's price is what's stopping HD-only gamers from buying it.

its stopping me! id buy the wii if its 100$. its 350 in my country.

It's almost as much where I live come to think of it.


thats why i cant have two consoles.  the ps3 and 360 are at the price they launched at. but the wii is 100 dollars more expensive then launch price. also games here range from 70 till 100$. and games never get price cuts.

and macs are 3k here!

It;s the exact thing over here man. We Europeans always get the shaft when it comes to pricing.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

sapphi_snake said:
zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:
zgamer5 said:
sapphi_snake said:

It would be really stupid if the Wii's price is what's stopping HD-only gamers from buying it.

its stopping me! id buy the wii if its 100$. its 350 in my country.

It's almost as much where I live come to think of it.


thats why i cant have two consoles.  the ps3 and 360 are at the price they launched at. but the wii is 100 dollars more expensive then launch price. also games here range from 70 till 100$. and games never get price cuts.

and macs are 3k here!

It;s the exact thing over here man. We Europeans always get the shaft when it comes to pricing.

im not a european, but im with you!



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
jarrod said:

If Sony paid me $50, I'd steal a PS3. <3

and then sell it?


It's not theft if it's a gift.  And no, I'd save it for The Last Guardian. <3



Doobie_wop said:

$50, I sold mine for $200. The hardware's not the problem, the software is just way to expensive and no Wii game is worth the full price their charging for it (In Australia). I might just wait until Nintendo release their next console, buy a Wii and mod it or something.

Overall, I'm really not that interested.


Yeah I have some friends in Australia, and gaming is an expensive hobby indeed there. TBH, I think it takes dedication to be a gaming hobbist outside of the States cause cost is ridiculous , lol



The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?