Quantcast
Your greatest gaming achievements?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your greatest gaming achievements?

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.

Platinuming FF13 - Amazing game.

Resonance of Fate Platinum - Seriously, that area trophy is a BITCH of a drag!



Around the Network
Wagram said:

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.


How long did it take you? My record was 1 hour and 45 minutes, with three Yagryu Blades and taking advantage of combo flow in low HP. 

OT - Mine would be beating both Ghost and Goblins and Battletoads when I was about 8 or so. I can also add Contra to that list as well. 

Recently, Demon's Souls platinum could be added, and getting star 242 on super mario galaxy 2 in a single try (time record of 3 minutes 30 seconds). 



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.


How long did it take you? My record was 1 hour and 45 minutes, with three Yagryu Blades and taking advantage of combo flow in low HP. 

Forever. But I had fun doing it.



Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.


How long did it take you? My record was 1 hour and 45 minutes, with three Yagryu Blades and taking advantage of combo flow in low HP. 

Forever. But I had fun doing it.


Heheheh, that was the same feeling I had the first time around in the fight. Took me forever also, over 5 hours, but it was exciting, especially towards his last 5 M HP, when he starts spamming Cyclone and Deathstrike, and you have to recover fast enough before he starts his 500K per second ridiculous regen

Have you beaten either Zodiark or Omega Mk. II?



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.


How long did it take you? My record was 1 hour and 45 minutes, with three Yagryu Blades and taking advantage of combo flow in low HP. 

Forever. But I had fun doing it.


Heheheh, that was the same feeling I had the first time around in the fight. Took me forever also, over 5 hours, but it was exciting, especially towards his last 5 M HP, when he starts spamming Cyclone and Deathstrike, and you have to recover fast enough before he starts his 500K per second ridiculous regen

Have you beaten either Zodiark or Omega Mk. II?

Yeah. I took down everyone in XII. Also it took me about 5 hours flat for Yiazmat. Omega was fun too.



Around the Network
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Taking out Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII. That was 50 Mill HP of epic.


How long did it take you? My record was 1 hour and 45 minutes, with three Yagryu Blades and taking advantage of combo flow in low HP. 

Forever. But I had fun doing it.


Heheheh, that was the same feeling I had the first time around in the fight. Took me forever also, over 5 hours, but it was exciting, especially towards his last 5 M HP, when he starts spamming Cyclone and Deathstrike, and you have to recover fast enough before he starts his 500K per second ridiculous regen

Have you beaten either Zodiark or Omega Mk. II?

Yeah. I took down everyone in XII. Also it took me about 5 hours flat for Yiazmat. Omega was fun too.

Nice, that's a great achievement itself as well , at least in my opinion, since I consider the FFXII superbosses as one of the most challenging in all FF games.

I loved the Omega fight, especially if you didn't use a Decoy&Reverse strategy for it and manual input with gambits off. I almost went crazy with the inputs when he starts doing 6K per hit



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

mastering every Super Mario Bros. 2D platformer including The Lost Levels

hell mastering every 2D paltformer

almost unlocking everything in F-Zero GX (so close)

all cheat in Goldeneye 007

18 kill streak in COD 4

knowing A Link To The Past, Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask by heart

beating Virtual Boy: Wario Land in one sitting

all gold medals in all 3 Rogue Squadron games



Orb Hunter and Free Runner in Crackdown  (all agility and hidden orbs collected)

All Stages Cleared (Inferno) in Earth Defense force 2017  (all stages cleared on inferno difficulty)

Indistinguishable From Magic in Civ Rev  (tech victory on diety difficulty)

Brass Balls in Bioshock  (hard cleared with no respawns)

Marble-Fu Transcendant in Marble Blast Ultra  (complete all advance levels under par time)




"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Red4ADevil said:

F-Zero GX story mode.

what difficulty? I only the need the last 3 on very hard, chapter 7 is a pain



I find something kinda interesting about doing this well at a video game and I wonder if anyone can help me verify this.

I find that great video game achievements tend to happen to younger gamers. Most of mine have come when i was, say 16-22ish.

I think this is for 2 reasons. First we have better reflexes at that game and two we have way more time to play and less money to spend so we tend to play fewer games for longer. Although im not too sure about the reflex thing cause my reflexes on mouse and keyboard FPS is insaine and i don't know if i was that fast on consoles when i was younger.

I also find it interesting that a lot of you guys have your achievemnts in multiplayer games, halo and LoL. While older gamers have them in single player games. Even Street Fighter 2 i tend to look at the single player part and i forget the arcade.

Another great moment for me was playing Street Fighter 2 in the arcade and haveing some kid i just owned, i was very good and rarely left the machine due to lose, threaten to stab me after i beat his ass. lol. What an achievemt huh lol.