Quantcast
The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

KylieDog said:

Saw the latest gameplay vid on GT.   The movement speed just seems so off, its what you would expect from the Speed Booster power.

 

Voice acting from Samus seemed a bit off too, its like someone is just reading from a script without changing tone or showing any emotion.  But at least it exists.


Bad voice acting is worse than no voice acting. Bad lines are worse than no lines. This is not progress, this is bullshit.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

^^ From the Nintendo Channel interviews, they indicated that they looked for that quality (at least in the Japanese voice actors and voice acting), because Samus isn't very good at interpersonal relationships and such, which definitely keeps with the image of her conceived up to this point.


"His words... pierced my heart". Sounds just like the Samus I imagined...



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
KylieDog said:

Saw the latest gameplay vid on GT.   The movement speed just seems so off, its what you would expect from the Speed Booster power.

 

Voice acting from Samus seemed a bit off too, its like someone is just reading from a script without changing tone or showing any emotion.  But at least it exists.

Bad voice acting is worse than no voice acting. Bad lines are worse than no lines. This is not progress, this is bullshit.

I agree with you in principle but I do not mind what is going down with Metroid, here.



Demotruk said:
KylieDog said:

Saw the latest gameplay vid on GT.   The movement speed just seems so off, its what you would expect from the Speed Booster power.

 

Voice acting from Samus seemed a bit off too, its like someone is just reading from a script without changing tone or showing any emotion.  But at least it exists.


Bad voice acting is worse than no voice acting. Bad lines are worse than no lines. This is not progress, this is bullshit.


No it isn't.  Nothing like ruining a cinematic moment with a wall of text.  The original Resident Evil has terrible voice acting yet is well loved because of it.



________________________________________________________________

Demotruk said:
Mr Khan said:

^^ From the Nintendo Channel interviews, they indicated that they looked for that quality (at least in the Japanese voice actors and voice acting), because Samus isn't very good at interpersonal relationships and such, which definitely keeps with the image of her conceived up to this point.


"His words... pierced my heart". Sounds just like the Samus I imagined...

I'll grant that line was out there on the melodramatic side, but the rest of them largely seemed to fit. The reaction was right, but the line was wrong.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Demotruk said:
KylieDog said:

Saw the latest gameplay vid on GT.   The movement speed just seems so off, its what you would expect from the Speed Booster power.

 

Voice acting from Samus seemed a bit off too, its like someone is just reading from a script without changing tone or showing any emotion.  But at least it exists.


Bad voice acting is worse than no voice acting. Bad lines are worse than no lines. This is not progress, this is bullshit.


No it isn't.  Nothing like ruining a cinematic moment with a wall of text.  The original Resident Evil has terrible voice acting yet is well loved because of it.

Who said anything about a wall of text or cinematic moments? Metroid was doing ok before without either of those.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
KylieDog said:
Demotruk said:
KylieDog said:

Saw the latest gameplay vid on GT.   The movement speed just seems so off, its what you would expect from the Speed Booster power.

 

Voice acting from Samus seemed a bit off too, its like someone is just reading from a script without changing tone or showing any emotion.  But at least it exists.


Bad voice acting is worse than no voice acting. Bad lines are worse than no lines. This is not progress, this is bullshit.


No it isn't.  Nothing like ruining a cinematic moment with a wall of text.  The original Resident Evil has terrible voice acting yet is well loved because of it.

Who said anything about a wall of text or cinematic moments? Metroid was doing ok before without either of those.


It was dated and began to show, MP3 has VA anyway, just not for Samus.



________________________________________________________________

Hey Demotruk, I'm curious: what do you think it would indicate if I win the latter half of our bet?



Khuutra said:

Hey Demotruk, I'm curious: what do you think it would indicate if I win the latter half of our bet?


That I was wrong about the market for a cinematic Metroid game focused on Samus' personality. We'll see.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

KylieDog said:
It was dated and began to show, MP3 has VA anyway, just not for Samus.


Yeah, and it was really bad. Better writing and acting would have improved it, but it was doing quite well without it before. Your claim about lacking VA being outdated was rebutted by Rolstoppable earlier, btw.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.