Quantcast
Comic: Reggie's Pinheaded Interviewers

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Comic: Reggie's Pinheaded Interviewers

Some people are too lazy to read so prefer movie translations of books, films etc. I enjoyed Reggie's anger towards the interviewers as well as Mr. Iwata's misquotation. An ironic gag would be that Reggie burns the interviewers with fire as a reference to the 3DS advertisement where Bowser burns Reggie.



Around the Network

Lol, Iwata really said that?

But he's so adorable :D



I think the HD wraparound line would be better off as a punchline rather than an opening line. An enraged Reggie could have jammed a pair on the interviewer's face exclaiming, "There! Now you can enjoy your Wii games in glorious HD!"



"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I for one loved the punchline, it made me smile. The comic is less heavy handed than the others since it only mocks games jornalists instead of the other developers. I also like the way you draw Iwata. A step in the right direction after the last one.



3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Seece said:
palancas7 said:
DixieKong said:
Seece said:

Reggie doesn't look anything like that.


IMO it's still too preachy and unfunny.

Well, I'm not perfect at drawing people, and I don't see how this is preaching.


I think you've been here long enough to know to ignore certain people when it comes to non anti-Nintendo topics.

Natural ignorant response, I have no hate for Nintendo whatsoever. Not an ounce in my body in fact.

I don't know. Seeing as how long you went on in the thread on NSMBWii selling 15 million and now you're the first to post on this, it is starting too look otherwise.

This is another great comic. I think people don't see the humor because they refuse to see what is going on. I'm surprised this is unfunny to some people as this is what actually happens (Reggie even stopped an interviewer about Apple).



Around the Network
famousringo said:

I think the HD wraparound line would be better off as a punchline rather than an opening line. An enraged Reggie could have jammed a pair on the interviewer's face exclaiming, "There! Now you can enjoy your Wii games in glorious HD!"

I originally drew Reggie grabbing the third interviewer by the tie and screaming at him. I decided to change the picture, however, due to the fact that I thought it may be too violent. 



I liked this one more than the last one.  I particularly liked how the punchline was actually about Iwata instead of Reggie.  It was a nice change-up.

Don't worry about Seece.  He's just really confused.  We're all nerds here.  Nerds like to read.  It probably could've been a little tighter and smoother, and I don't think anybody would complain if Reggie actually kicked an ass and/or took a name.  But great drawing as usual.



The Ghost of RubangB said:

I liked this one more than the last one.  I particularly liked how the punchline was actually about Iwata instead of Reggie.  It was a nice change-up.

Don't worry about Seece.  He's just really confused.  We're all nerds here.  Nerds like to read.  It probably could've been a little tighter and smoother, and I don't think anybody would complain if Reggie actually kicked an ass and/or took a name.  But great drawing as usual.

Thank you! Yes, this comic could have been a little more better in certain areas, but I had so many different ideas of approaching this issue, that I couldn't decide what to do. My next comic will be more focused on comedy rather than opinion, just to mix things up a bit so that it is not always industry related topics. It will also have a lot more illustrations, so it is going to take a bit longer to make. But hopefully it will turn out good, and improve from this one.



Don't worry about being too violent. Violence is often amusing.

ie.

 



Seece said:
DixieKong said:
Seece said:

Reggie doesn't look anything like that.


IMO it's still too preachy and unfunny.

Well, I'm not perfect at drawing people, and I don't see how this is preaching.

Of course it is, and the only people that are going to compliment you are going to A) have an easily satisfied sense of humour and/or B) be nintendo fans. (no I don't think all Nintendo fans have a bad sense of humour before someone twists this, just that this ISN'T actually funny.

This is purely made to massage nintendo fans ego's ... and you know it.

Also you've made Reggie look mildly attractive, stark contrast to real life.

That said, I like your drawing ability, you're very good!!


You are just being a meanie face :P