Quantcast
Time for me to get a 360?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time for me to get a 360?

Got a TRU coupon for $25, plus they're offering 15% off if I get a TRU card, with no payments for 6 months (which is when I would likely have gotten a 360). That would lower the price for a Premium system to $300 after taxes. Then again, I think the odds are good for another price drop after the holiday season. Thoughts?



Around the Network

Get a 360 if you want one but don't get the credit card.



twesterm said:
Get a 360 if you want one but don't get the credit card.

Any reason why not? I've got the money to pay it off in one shot, and then I could cancel it.



The 360 can wait. What you need is an Av.



I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Its an excellent time as you get 2 free games and a price drop probably wont happen until GTA 4 comes out in the latter half of 2008 and it will probably be only $50. So if you wait 7-10 months, you will only save $50 and wont get the free games.



Around the Network

That works out then if you can pay it off in one shot, go for it.



misterd said:
twesterm said:
Get a 360 if you want one but don't get the credit card.

Any reason why not? I've got the money to pay it off in one shot, and then I could cancel it.


  1.  Call me pessimistic, but I always doubt people when they say they're on top of things and will remember to cancel the card once they get what they want.
  2. These things always have fine print.  Make sure there aren't any conditions that must be fulfilled (like keep the card for a certain amount of time).
  3. Opening and closing credit cards like that looks bad on your credit.

If you're really planning on waiting six months, just save the extra $50 you would save.

If you like the games, then by all means, get a X360.



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

If you buy it, make sure to get an extra controller and 1-2 games so you get 15% off them, also.



currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

 

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

twesterm said:
misterd said:
twesterm said:
Get a 360 if you want one but don't get the credit card.

Any reason why not? I've got the money to pay it off in one shot, and then I could cancel it.


  1.  Call me pessimistic, but I always doubt people when they say they're on top of things and will remember to cancel the card once they get what they want.
  2. These things always have fine print.  Make sure there aren't any conditions that must be fulfilled (like keep the card for a certain amount of time).
  3. Opening and closing credit cards like that looks bad on your credit.

If you're really planning on waiting six months, just save the extra $50 you would save.

1.  Nobody is ever 100%, but people on top of their financial game can make a killing with credit cards.  I think I made almost $700 last year with credit card rewards.

2.  Yes, they do have fine print which must be considered.  Typically the fine print for a deal like this would be minimum monthly payments (1.5-2% of total bill a month) and interest that accrues if not paid off in time.  If someone was that worried, they wouldn't have to stretch it out over 6 months and just pay it off the first month then cancel.

 3.  Yes, opening and closing cards has a negative effect on your credit.  But credit fluctuates greatly.  It goes up/down depending on your monthly balances.  Opening/closing a CC wouldn't have an impact greater than 6 mos on your overall credit rating.  So as long as your not about to buy a house I wouldn't worry about it.