Quantcast
Top 50 Seventh Gen Games (all platforms)

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 50 Seventh Gen Games (all platforms)

Khuutra said:

All right, the list is arranged, and I'll work on updating the OP tonight.

It should be noted that there wasn't a lot of new entry into the upper echelons of the list (no surprise here), but that the upper echelons themselves have shifted quite a bit thank to Wii bundling. The entire top 10 is now composed of 20 million sellers, and Modern Warfare 2 won't remain in the top 10 for long.

That's interesting. If Nintendo continues the harsh bundling and the Wii holds well... Could Black Ops miss being in the Top 10 entirely?



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
Khuutra said:

All right, the list is arranged, and I'll work on updating the OP tonight.

It should be noted that there wasn't a lot of new entry into the upper echelons of the list (no surprise here), but that the upper echelons themselves have shifted quite a bit thank to Wii bundling. The entire top 10 is now composed of 20 million sellers, and Modern Warfare 2 won't remain in the top 10 for long.

That's interesting. If Nintendo continues the harsh bundling and the Wii holds well... Could Black Ops miss being in the Top 10 entirely?

Wii Fit 2 would be what keeps it out, interestingly...



Khuutra said:
Immortal said:
Khuutra said:

All right, the list is arranged, and I'll work on updating the OP tonight.

It should be noted that there wasn't a lot of new entry into the upper echelons of the list (no surprise here), but that the upper echelons themselves have shifted quite a bit thank to Wii bundling. The entire top 10 is now composed of 20 million sellers, and Modern Warfare 2 won't remain in the top 10 for long.

That's interesting. If Nintendo continues the harsh bundling and the Wii holds well... Could Black Ops miss being in the Top 10 entirely?

Wii Fit 2 would be what keeps it out, interestingly...

So it's at #11!? And WFP's in the Top 10? DIdn't realize that they were that far along already. Are there any future Top 10 evergreen games below it anymore (last time NSMBW and WFP were obviously gonna end up in the Top 10, but they were way down in the list, busy climbing up)? If there aren't, then it'll probably stick at #10 for the entire generation since all the infinitely selling Wii/DS games will be on top of it.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

not complainign, but will the list ever be updaed?



Immortal said:
Khuutra said:

Wii Fit 2 would be what keeps it out, interestingly...

So it's at #11!? And WFP's in the Top 10? DIdn't realize that they were that far along already. Are there any future Top 10 evergreen games below it anymore (last time NSMBW and WFP were obviously gonna end up in the Top 10, but they were way down in the list, busy climbing up)? If there aren't, then it'll probably stick at #10 for the entire generation since all the infinitely selling Wii/DS games will be on top of it.

WFP is 14, MW2 is 10.

WFP will still pass it up within a year.

NSMBWii is screaming up.

No other currently released evergreens seem likely to pass MW2. If it gets knocked out of the top 10 it will be by Black Ops and Wii Fit Plus, in that order - those two will duke it out for spot number 10.

@morenoingrato:

Yes.



Around the Network

I see. Thanks - I can't wait for you to update it. The banner and the comment make the list a lot more fun to go through, :).

I wonder if Kinect Adventures or the tag-along VS title could make it up to MW2.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5 to make the list. I'll be here in February to see it.

And hopefully Uncharted 2 & 3. Gonna be a long wait. I'll be here in 2012



i think this list shows you how important offline multiplayer is to gamers.



Jay520 said:

Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5 to make the list. I'll be here in February to see it.

And hopefully Uncharted 2 & 3. Gonna be a long wait. I'll be here in 2012

as the minimum has probably grown to well over 6mil now and growing quickly sadly Uncharted 2 will not reach the list. Though I hope uncharted 3 makes it as well if it lives up to the hype.

edit.

damn looked through the games that will be added to the list by uncharted 3 release and sadly uncharted 3 doesn't have a shot

fifa 2011

fifa 2012
halo reach
kinect adventures
black ops
super mario galaxy 2
just dance 2
gran turismo 5
assassins creed brotherhood
pokemon black and white
assassins creed 3
call of duty 8

will push the top 50 to all be above 7mil. By 2012 it will probably be above 8mil



I enjoy browsing this list every once in awhile.  Always interesting.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing/Backlog:
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2014 (Hyrule Warriors) - 11 games in backlog
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2013 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) - 7 games in backlog
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 (Borderlands 2) - 11 games in backlog
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links