Quantcast
Locked: The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I don't know if I missed the button, but I can't figure out a way to cancel a post if I hit the big reply or quote buttons.



Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
9009pc said:

when you click on reply or quote and then change your mind about writing there is no cancel button to get out which means you either press done and have an empty post or you have to go back a page and then come forward again, so any chance of a cancel button. love the way it shades out everything around it pretty class.


Not so, if you change your mind about posting just click "off" the reply window and the reply window will disappear (IE: click somewhere in the greyed out main window part


cool thanks



correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

 

 

The game pages were one of the best designed features of VGC 2.0, now they seem to be one of the worst.
No more members comments (I loved them), no more info on how many members own a game or have it on their wishlist, boxarts are shown so small that they seem redundant, score boxes are ridiculously large in contrast. No sales info anymore on general game page anymore (only through charts pages, if I understood the system correctly).

For the forum section please give us dark background with white text.

I love the new points system which rewards site work, not post count.

 



Akvod said:

I don't know if I missed the button, but I can't figure out a way to cancel a post if I hit the big reply or quote buttons.


You simply click outside the quote box.



Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

PDF said:

i just want to know what the P #'s mean.   in that green little box.


P #'s are your "points" think of them kinda like VGC $'s or a gamertag score..

If you go to your profile and hover over your points you were see a breakdown of how you get points... you get like 1 point for posting, 14 points for adding friends, points for adding boxart, etc



Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
ioi said:
zuvuyeay said:

its a pretty good look overall though ioi,

i'd say you'll get alot more everyday people visiting the 4 sections of the site and more hits

and not just  nerds with nothing better to do.....o-0

Exactly. Site designs are normally to attract new people so it is entirely understandable that existing users may dislike some changes but as the site owner I can see the bigger picture. With a team of 30-40 writers then reviews and news is becoming a prime focus of what we do so they need full, dedicated sections. Similarly, VGChartz is now jam packed with charts and tools, and far more easily accessible.

I can't help but be a little frustrated when you revamp and improve a site to such a huge extent like this and all you get is 100 posts saying "I hate the green color". Eventually, your gamrConnect homepage will be hugely customisable - you'll be able to select exactly what is shown and which boxes / links you display - this will serve as your personal "hub" and should have everything you need on one page. The splitting of the site is obviously designed to allow each area to have a full focus and for each to build up a dedicated brand and audience - the advantages in terms of bringing in new users are, I'm afraid, far outweighing the inevitable loss of some current users who find the system "too hard to navigate" and aren't prepared to give it a go and get used to it...

I think an easy way to stop a problem like that, is to inform people what is being worked, what features are currently MIA but will be back, stuff like that.

I still stand by the new website being a job well done, even if it is a little lacking in function just yet.



ioi said:
Damnyouall said:

Eye-friendly, color-coded, easily accessible:


Not:


The irony here is that there were 100s of people saying the exact opposite when we moved from 1.0 to 2.0 - too cluttered, too many colours, too much going on, no focus on sales and charts etc. It is evident that you guys just really hate change! You'll soon be used to it in a few days like you all were the last time we revamped the site.

Man just looking at the comparison shots shows how smashed and unorganized the new site looks. 2.0 was very nicely organized, clean and structured. The new site just looks like a mess. I hate to say it but I probably won't be around as much as before.  Hope you guys come up with a better look for 4.0  :)



Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

okr said:

 

The game pages were one of the best designed features of VGC 2.0, now they seem to be one of the worst.
No more members comments (I loved them), no more info on how many members own a game or have it on their wishlist, boxarts are shown so small that they seem redundant, score boxes are ridiculously large in contrast. No sales info anymore on general game page anymore (only through charts pages, if I understood the system correctly).

For the forum section please give us dark background with white text.

I love the new points system which rewards site work, not post count.

 


Member comments are in the process of being added, info on how many members own the game is now removed in line with other big sites, boxarts will soon have a new dedicated page with full, scrollable images, score boxes are the prime focus which is why they are large, sales info will be added soon.

Forum is staying black on white since everybody moaned so much when we moved to white on black.



ioi said:
zuvuyeay said:

its a pretty good look overall though ioi,

i'd say you'll get alot more everyday people visiting the 4 sections of the site and more hits

and not just  nerds with nothing better to do.....o-0

Exactly. Site designs are normally to attract new people so it is entirely understandable that existing users may dislike some changes but as the site owner I can see the bigger picture. With a team of 30-40 writers then reviews and news is becoming a prime focus of what we do so they need full, dedicated sections. Similarly, VGChartz is now jam packed with charts and tools, and far more easily accessible.

I can't help but be a little frustrated when you revamp and improve a site to such a huge extent like this and all you get is 100 posts saying "I hate the green color". Eventually, your gamrConnect homepage will be hugely customisable - you'll be able to select exactly what is shown and which boxes / links you display - this will serve as your personal "hub" and should have everything you need on one page. The splitting of the site is obviously designed to allow each area to have a full focus and for each to build up a dedicated brand and audience - the advantages in terms of bringing in new users are, I'm afraid, far outweighing the inevitable loss of some current users who find the system "too hard to navigate" and aren't prepared to give it a go and get used to it...

You should make a sticky JUST for the above bolded part, that will stop a lot of posts :)

(I assume this also means color customization will be available in the future?)

Ioi, you still need to fix your bottom links, I thought that would have been priority 1 for you since one of those links are your "advertise" link and it is a simple fix since you just need to replace the link url target from # to the actual URL in the page template :)  (Unless those pages aren't done yet...)



Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

DOLBYdigital said:
ioi said:


The irony here is that there were 100s of people saying the exact opposite when we moved from 1.0 to 2.0 - too cluttered, too many colours, too much going on, no focus on sales and charts etc. It is evident that you guys just really hate change! You'll soon be used to it in a few days like you all were the last time we revamped the site.

Man just looking at the comparison shots shows how smashed and unorganized the new site looks. 2.0 was very nicely organized, clean and structured. The new site just looks like a mess. I hate to say it but I probably won't be around as much as before.  Hope you guys come up with a better look for 4.0  :)


Seriously, you guys are winding me up now right?

We must have had 200-300 comments when 2.0 launched about how terrible the homepage is, now it was perfect?

Wow