Quantcast
Should I buy Call of Duty 3 for ps3?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy Call of Duty 3 for ps3?

I would buy the 360 or pc version first as they have better online play.

Otherwise then sure ps3 version all the way.



Around the Network
superchunk said:

I would buy the 360 or pc version first as they have better online play.

Otherwise then sure ps3 version all the way.

 Is it not as good as the Resistance online play or did they leave out something for the PS3 version? 

 



Rent it, if you liked, bought it. if you don't, saving money is not a sin.



PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

If I were you I'd pick up CoD2 on 360 or PC over 3 on anything.

 

Infinity Ward did not make 3, and consequently it is not a good as the earlier installments.



Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

If you already have R; FOM then you should probably just wait for Rainbow Six Vegas or Fear. I played CoD 3 on PS2 and I think that it is not hugely better than CoD Big Red One. I think that Resistance Fall of Man is far better, frankly, I'm a bit bored of standard WWII shooters. Remember that GRAW 2 (PS3) is also coming out soon, so if you might consider waiting till then.



add me

Around the Network
sieanr said:

If I were you I'd pick up CoD2 on 360 or PC over 3 on anything.

 

Infinity Ward did not make 3, and consequently it is not a good as the earlier installments.


 Okay, but what is worse about it?



I have not played that game yet (and might not ever) but I did rent Medal of Honor: Vangard for the Wii today, and I must say they did an excellent job. Call of Duty is the same type of game and I do believe it got mediocre reviews. I dont know how Medal of Honor reviews got, but it just came out and is really good. Graphics are good, gameplay is amazing, and all movement like durring explosions are very good.

 I guess this really doesnt help you though, since you considing getting a different game for a different console. But still, Id go with Vangard for the PS3, although its not the amazing expirience I got playing through the first couple of missions on the Wii version.



A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Narfer said:

I have not played that game yet (and might not ever) but I did rent Medal of Honor: Vangard for the Wii today, and I must say they did an excellent job. Call of Duty is the same type of game and I do believe it got mediocre reviews. I dont know how Medal of Honor reviews got, but it just came out and is really good. Graphics are good, gameplay is amazing, and all movement like durring explosions are very good.

I guess this really doesnt help you though, since you considing getting a different game for a different console. But still, Id go with Vangard for the PS3, although its not the amazing expirience I got playing through the first couple of missions on the Wii version.


Hum...vangard has 54.8% ratings so far on gamerankings.com. that puts it into the bottom 10 on the Wii so far. Call of Duty 3 may be "mediocre" compared to PS3 rankings but it would be 6th right now on the Wii, at 80.2%. To each his own, though, I guess.



windbane said:
Narfer said:

I have not played that game yet (and might not ever) but I did rent Medal of Honor: Vangard for the Wii today, and I must say they did an excellent job. Call of Duty is the same type of game and I do believe it got mediocre reviews. I dont know how Medal of Honor reviews got, but it just came out and is really good. Graphics are good, gameplay is amazing, and all movement like durring explosions are very good.

I guess this really doesnt help you though, since you considing getting a different game for a different console. But still, Id go with Vangard for the PS3, although its not the amazing expirience I got playing through the first couple of missions on the Wii version.


Hum...vangard has 54.8% ratings so far on gamerankings.com. that puts it into the bottom 10 on the Wii so far. Call of Duty 3 may be "mediocre" compared to PS3 rankings but it would be 6th right now on the Wii, at 80.2%. To each his own, though, I guess.


hmm, well i really really liked it. I dont see why it would get such a low review. Even if you dont like using the pointer to look around, it still is a very enjoyable time.

EDIT: i checked some reviews for it. I guess i see why it got low reviews. It has nothing really to do with the wii, basically its repetative level design (a standard thing for MoH games) and just another WWII game that always get low reviews. i guess its just that i really like the series and never get tired of killing nazis. it is a really good gameplay expirience and really fun if you ask me.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

although if you check the user ratings, they are always sinificantly  higher and the user rating for the wii version is ussually slightly higher than other versions.



A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.