Quantcast
Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

For so long, a LOT of Nintendo fans and fanboys have said "motion control is the future, it will be the future of gaming" they seemed quite proud Nintendo was the first to do this, but all of a sudden, now Sony's jumped on the bandwagon, they're getting nothing but hostitily.

 



 

Around the Network

Its because "Boo, they ripped off Nintendo! They always do that!" as far as I understand.



End of 2016 hardware sales:

Wii U: 15 million. PS4: 54 million. One: 30 million. 3DS: 64.8 million. PSVita: 15.2 million.

They're just annoyed that Nintendo didn't think of shoving a giant shiny light at the end of the Wii-remote. That shiny beacon of light at the end of the remote surely spells success for Sony and will surely mean it'll outsell the Wii in no time...



I don't see why, that's how it works. Look at Apple and HTC, HTC took the concept of the iphone and put their own little spin on it (droids).



Because they know Sony will manage to pull in all of the third parties to make 'hardcore' motion-controlled games, which is something Nintendo never managed to produce as the relationship with them isn't there.

And then Sony will have all the good games, despite Nintendo's technical lead.



Around the Network
Soleron said:
Because they know Sony will manage to pull in all of the third parties to make 'hardcore' motion-controlled games, which is something Nintendo never managed to produce as the relationship with them isn't there.

And then Sony will have all the good games, despite Nintendo's technical lead.

You sure the 3rd-party support Sony has been touting isn't just 3rd-party's porting existing Wii games with HD graphics? I'd be shocked if 3rd-party's actually support Move fully.



fanboys are always the drama queens.
thats why they are fanboys.



I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Some i imagine are annoyed by Sony's general two-facedness about the whole thing. That they did nothing but shit on Nintendo and Wii and then come out with something that looks extraordinarily like it, with games that are also extraordinarily similar, and suddenly motion control is cool to them

 

It doesn't bother me. You can expect companies to act that way. Like when Nintendo finally puts a competent online system together, some Nintendo fanboys will finally discover that they're all about online play, and Nintendo will act like they've got some sort of pioneering system. This is normal.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Scoobes said:
They're just annoyed that Nintendo didn't think of shoving a giant shiny light at the end of the Wii-remote. That shiny beacon of light at the end of the remote surely spells success for Sony and will surely mean it'll outsell the Wii in no time...

*Calls Rol*

Yeah... that Scoobes guy...

He knows.



Scoobes said:
Soleron said:
Because they know Sony will manage to pull in all of the third parties to make 'hardcore' motion-controlled games, which is something Nintendo never managed to produce as the relationship with them isn't there.

And then Sony will have all the good games, despite Nintendo's technical lead.

You sure the 3rd-party support Sony has been touting isn't just 3rd-party's porting existing Wii games with HD graphics? I'd be shocked if 3rd-party's actually support Move fully.

I don't think there will be much of that, because only a tiny proportion of the Wii's third-party motion-controlled games are good enough and FPS/RPG-enough to be accepted by the PS3 audience. I do think we'll see motion Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto (whether they make sense with motion controls or not) with the controls tacked on as the first games.

Ultimately I don't think Move will be successful in terms of Sony's profits, but it will produce a lot of games that Wii owners would really have liked about three years ago on their platform and only weren't because of some weird developer pride in 'Core' and 'HD'.