Quantcast
Famitsu Top 10 (April 12-18)

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Top 10 (April 12-18)

Zlejedi said:
Next week PSP, PS3 and NDS will probably explode but why did noone prepare any kind of bigger title for Wii on golden week ?

Why hasn't anyone done a big game on Wii all year?  It boggles my mind that Wii won't have gotten a big seller until Galaxy 2 in May, Nintendo's literally asleep at the wheel.  So are 3rd parties for that matter. :/



Around the Network
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
Next week PSP, PS3 and NDS will probably explode but why did noone prepare any kind of bigger title for Wii on golden week ?

Why hasn't anyone done a big game on Wii all year?  It boggles my mind that Wii won't have gotten a big seller until Galaxy 2 in May, Nintendo's literally asleep at the wheel.  So are 3rd parties for that matter. :/

The third parties' lack of effort is understandable, but Nintendo could easily pump out a couple of Mario spin offs with no harm to the brand name.



Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
Next week PSP, PS3 and NDS will probably explode but why did noone prepare any kind of bigger title for Wii on golden week ?

Why hasn't anyone done a big game on Wii all year?  It boggles my mind that Wii won't have gotten a big seller until Galaxy 2 in May, Nintendo's literally asleep at the wheel.  So are 3rd parties for that matter. :/

The third parties' lack of effort is understandable, but Nintendo could easily pump out a couple of Mario spin offs with no harm to the brand name.

Understandable?  I never thought I'd ever hear that word in the same sentence with "Wii" and "3rd parties". :P



I hope the release dqmj2 in NA by the time I finish Strange Journey.
Otherwise, I would have to actually go play on the Wii and open some sealed games.



LOL people actually had the audacity to call NMH sales a flop from first day numbers and yet the 360 versions first week outsells the Wiis first!

Looks like the 360 will hit around 20-25k whereas PS3 around 25-35k.



Around the Network

I don't get it. The same game across 3 platforms all sold within 1-3k units of each other but only one of them is a flop? LOL.



Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:


If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

It is worth mentioning that no more heroes on the wii launched at a higher price and is still more expensive than the HD twins version for some reason.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.biccamera.com/&ei=tl_QS8ihGYG8lQev0pmzDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbic%2Bcamera%26hl%3Den
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=no+more+heroes&x=0&y=0



I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arius Dion said:
I don't get it. The same game across 3 platforms all sold within 1-3k units of each other but only one of them is a flop? LOL.

It is a flop for every system but for all the people who said;..On the Xbox 360 or the PS3 it would sell more it is a victory...

You can find excuses for the PS3 version (bigger install base) but for the X360 version?

Anyway can't wait for next week numbers this was another boring week...

I wonder how much SSFIV will sell.



 

Lostplanet22 said:
Arius Dion said:
I don't get it. The same game across 3 platforms all sold within 1-3k units of each other but only one of them is a flop? LOL.

It is a flop for every system but for all the people who said;..On the Xbox 360 or the PS3 it would sell more it is a victory...

You can find excuses for the PS3 version (bigger install base) but for the X360 version?

Anyway can't wait for next week numbers this was another boring week...

I wonder how much SSFIV will sell.

see my above post, no more heroes is less expensive on the HD twins



I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lostplanet22 said:
Arius Dion said:
I don't get it. The same game across 3 platforms all sold within 1-3k units of each other but only one of them is a flop? LOL.

It is a flop for every system but for all the people who said;..On the Xbox 360 or the PS3 it would sell more it is a victory...

You can find excuses for the PS3 version (bigger install base) but for the X360 version?

Anyway can't wait for next week numbers this was another boring week...

I wonder how much SSFIV will sell.

In that way, it would be a decisive victory for 360 version over PS3/Wii versions since only 1000 units separated the 360 and PS3 versions (<7%).



MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.