price € 10.49
- Brand new Square Enix RPG
- Polygonal characters overlaid on hand drawn backgrounds, fully polygonal in battles
- Developed by Media.Vision (Wild ARMS, RIZ-ZOAWD)
- Producer is Takehiro Ando (producer of Crystal Defenders, Song Summoner series)
- Takehiro suffers from hay fever
- Story by Yukinori Kitajima - scenario writer of 428 (sound novel) and Okamiden (Okami 2)
- Character designs by Yusuke Naora (art director of FFVII, VIII, X)
- Music by Noriyasu Agematsu (composer for some songs in Wild ARMS 5)
- The story of Chaos Rings revolves around a tournament called "Arka Arena"
- Four teams of two enter into the tournament against their will
- Shadowy spokesman for the tournament promises eternal life and youth for the winner
- The game is made up of four scenarios (playthroughs) in all
- Each playthrough revolves around one of the four teams of two
- The pairs you are not in control of face against you as rivals
- To uncover the full story all four playthroughs must be completed
- The main progression is in the tournament "Arka Arena"
- Outside of this arena, special doors lead you to different world dungeons
- In each dungeon you discover treasure chests and combat enemies to gain experience
- At the heart of each dungeon lies a final boss
- As you progress in exp level, previously completed dungeons will accommodate your rise in level
- This is done by allowing the player to select how difficult previously completed dungeons can be
- The higher the difficulty chosen the more powerful enemies will be and better treasure you can discover
- Controls are touch-based
- In navigating fields and dungeons an on-screen joystick is used
- In battles the menus, commands and targeting are used with a simple touch
- Controls are made to support both left and right-handed players
- Battles are turn-based
- You control both partners within the team
- Attacks and abilities divided between "solo" and "pair" commands
- Pair attacks execute special combo skills and greater damage, but opens up both partners to damage
- Strategic play is promised as HP is only replenished after a battle
- Fights can be against multiple enemies at once
- Once enemies are defeated, you can acquire their genetic information called "Genes"
- These Genes can then be equipped to grant skills
- Genes can evolve after use in battle becoming more powerful, and even produce new skills
Just out in Europe for 20 minutes and I'm loving it!
Very polished game, gameplay seems good, very good... battles are involves more strategy then you would think..
Story seems nothing special at all but it's seems a bit better then the normal boy save world with girl next door..
It's like playing a Squaresoft ps1 classic.. may post more impressions when I have played it a bit longer.. but nobody cares about iPhone games so i'll probably won't post anymore... & I'm too busy playing this game! :) everyone with an iDevice needs to buy this!
ps: and the music is awesome!!!
Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)