Quantcast
Dynasty Warriors

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dynasty Warriors

DW6



Around the Network

You can't spell dynasty without "nasty"

it's an inside joke, don't worry about it...



 Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires FTW!!


and Samurai Warriors. Try those.



mysticwolf said:
You can't spell dynasty without "nasty"

it's an inside joke, don't worry about it...

Actually whenever I look at the boxes all I read is 'nasty' either that or the whole thing and all that comes to mind is the 1981 Soap opera Dynasty with some form of fighting mechanic... 



Xero said:

Sooo I'll pick up Strikeforce and Empires 6.

I'll probably still pick up Bladestorm cause I saw some gameplay and it did look pretty interesting.

Question, since I'm pretty insistent on getting Strikeforce, which version should I get, PSP or PS3? Are they identical aside graphical differences?

Don't do it.

Don't pickup either of those.

DW6 is garbage.  Wet, smelly, disgusting garbage.  Most of the iconic characters are now clones of one another and they replaced the neat Square/Triangle combinations with just mashing Square over and over.  It's a step backward for the franchise.  Unless you're a die-hard DW fan, you should not pick up DW6.

StrikeForce is... it's very different from a traditional DW game.  I'd really not recommend starting with it because it's that different.

Dynasty Warriors 4 is your best bet for a great DW experience.  More gameplay depth, more unique fighting styles, and lots of unlockables plus co-op content.  Samurai Warriors 2 is also great if you want a Japanese take on the gameplay versus a Chinese/Romance of the Three Kingdoms take on it.  With at least one of those under your belt, you should try Warriors Orochi (1 or 2) as it mixes DW and SW together.



Around the Network

I know Strikeforce is different but I watched some reviews and thought it was kinda cool, and as far as I'm aware it's the only online one.

And whilst I would like to play Dw 4, I don't want to go into last gen. On account of my PS2 missing leads, and being semi-broken (it reads discs selectively).

I figured I'd get DW6:Empires and Strikeforce on PS3 then Orochi 2 on PSP.



Xero said:

I figured I'd get DW6:Empires and Strikeforce on PS3 then Orochi 2 on PSP.

Since a lot of the characters you can unlock are clones of characters you already have (and probably leveled at that), expect DW6 to have much less replayability than a typical DW game.  Why unlock Yue Ying when Sun Shang Xiang has a nearly identical fighting style and is unlocked from the start?  For a series that features replayability as one of its strongest selling points, this is a deal breaker.

If you end up picking up both WO2 and DW6 then compare them.  WO2 has the old style (akin to DW4 and WO).



Yeah I shall. I just checked and WO2 is £24 on the PSN store... (PSP GO user LOL) pretty pricey but I'll probably still pick it up since I have no games for my PSP that I play.

Question is the difference between DW6 and DW6:Empires significant? Do they have different stories? I know DW6:E has some strategy involved, or so I hear but does it have a decent story or a story better than DW:6?

I was also wondering whats your take on DW: Gundam. I don't watch gundam but I like mech suits and mech based anime like CG.



Xero said:
Yeah I shall. I just checked and WO2 is £24 on the PSN store... (PSP GO user LOL) pretty pricey but I'll probably still pick it up since I have no games for my PSP that I play.

Question is the difference between DW6 and DW6:Empires significant? Do they have different stories? I know DW6:E has some strategy involved, or so I hear but does it have a decent story or a story better than DW:6?

I was also wondering whats your take on DW: Gundam. I don't watch gundam but I like mech suits and mech based anime like CG.

Empires > Regular.  Don't worry about losing the story which is slightly retooled in every DW game.

I played the first Gundam Musou and wasn't really impressed with it.  I've heard that the second game is better, but you should ask someone who has both.



i think that strikeforce was a good thing for DW series. really great ideas with the camp. it's perfect game for handhelds.
though i'm not DW fanatic - i just like hack & slash games.