Quantcast
ff 13 best graphics this gen

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ff 13 best graphics this gen

Mario Paint looks better that any of those games.



MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

When in CGI-mode... Yes.

In-game... No.



yum123 said:
im reffering mostly to cutscenes and they wouldnt change the graphics from the demo till now

*facepalm*
You can't compare CGI with realtime in-game graphics. If you are going to bring up CGI then compare it to other CGI like Disney Pixar movies.



ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
yes endeed but VERSUS 13 will have better if it
won 't release on 360 also and they have to downgrade the graphics

Stop this. The theory that development on the 360 has compromised FFXIII's graphics has been proven completely false.



Played it 4 hours ago. PS3 version. I have to say Uncharted 2 and MAss Effect 2 both beat it. Also personally think MGS4 and GeOW 2 look better than FF13. CGI is amazing, but gameplay pales in comparison.



Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
yes endeed but VERSUS 13 will have better if it
won 't release on 360 also and they have to downgrade the graphics

Was it really necessary to bring up the "square enix downgraded FFXIII graphics because of the 360" argument in here? This thread was not made to discuss which version is superior. Please take your drovel elsewhere

I wonder what would have happened if every 360 owner said something like the following:

If Bayonetta and 90% of 3rd party games weren't released on PS3 then we would have better graphics and a non gimped version.



Uncharted 2 is the only game that looks better than it, though GoW III could certainly over take it

The CGI is simply amazing, but you do notice 1 or 2 dodgy spots in the main game



CGI - Yes.
In-Game - No. God of War 3.



Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

 

Munkeh111 said:
Uncharted 2 is the only game that looks better than it, though GoW III could certainly over take it

The CGI is simply amazing, but you do notice 1 or 2 dodgy spots in the main game

This. I totally agree with you. Uncharted 2 is the best looking game in the current gen.



MY ZELDA COLLECTION
selnor said:
1337 Gamer said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
yes endeed but VERSUS 13 will have better if it
won 't release on 360 also and they have to downgrade the graphics

Was it really necessary to bring up the "square enix downgraded FFXIII graphics because of the 360" argument in here? This thread was not made to discuss which version is superior. Please take your drovel elsewhere

I wonder what would have happened if every 360 owner said something like the following:

If Bayonetta and 90% of 3rd party games weren't released on PS3 then we would have better graphics and a non gimped version.

that logic would only work if 360 exclusives looked better and more consistently than PS3 exclusives.

Also, I don't think the whole "PS3 version of FF13 is worse because of the 360" comments make any sense since it would have been unlikely for SquareEnix to make the game look better on the PS3 after they've finished the japanese version. Also, the only thing that square "gimped" was the resolution on the 360 version, the PS3 had nothing to do with it and vice versa.

Heck, if we're talking about gimping certain games to due to inferior hardware, Alan Wake is the best example. Remedy and Microsoft essentially "gimped" the PC version out of existence.