Quantcast
The King of Video Games is............

Forums - Sales Discussion - The King of Video Games is............

I love alt accounts. You know that someone has no argument when he has to use a sockpuppet.

Gran Turismo.

...

For those who might not know why I am laughing: It took PD almost 15 years to implement something that Codemasters racing games have since the PS1 days. And yes, that thing belongs in a simulation.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I love alt accounts. You know that someone has no argument when he has to use a sockpuppet.

It makes it even worse when they say they agree with me ¬_¬

Damn cowards!



i don't get it... i am a gamer for over 20 years now and i never play one mario game in my life... he might be someones king but not mine for sure!



Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
i don't get it... i am a gamer for over 20 years now and i never play one mario game in my life... he might be someones king but not mine for sure!

I don't live in the UK, but the Queen of England is still the Queen of England.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
sergiodaly said:
i don't get it... i am a gamer for over 20 years now and i never play one mario game in my life... he might be someones king but not mine for sure!

I don't live in the UK, but the Queen of England is still the Queen of England.

she still is the queen of england but since i am not english... she is not my queen... and since i never use or have interest in a nintendo console or an mario game he will never be my king... i just want to say that things aren't so straight forward as people want it to be... there is always another point of view...



Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
guiduc said:
Well, somebody claiming Mario isn't the King fails horribly. Who could be the King? Kratos? With only 1 game this gen that will sell 4 million max? nope.

I already said the king is between 2 things.

"Wii..." or "Shigeru Miyamoto".

Not Mario... or Kratos.

We talk about an iconic character of video games, not video games creator or hardware.



sergiodaly said:
Viper1 said:
sergiodaly said:
i don't get it... i am a gamer for over 20 years now and i never play one mario game in my life... he might be someones king but not mine for sure!

I don't live in the UK, but the Queen of England is still the Queen of England.

she still is the queen of england but since i am not english... she is not my queen... and since i never use or have interest in a nintendo console or an mario game he will never be my king... i just want to say that things aren't so straight forward as people want it to be... there is always another point of view...

Did we say YOUR king? Nope. We said, the King. The man that shaped the industry, although you never played to any of his game.



guiduc said:
sergiodaly said:
Viper1 said:
sergiodaly said:
i don't get it... i am a gamer for over 20 years now and i never play one mario game in my life... he might be someones king but not mine for sure!

I don't live in the UK, but the Queen of England is still the Queen of England.

she still is the queen of england but since i am not english... she is not my queen... and since i never use or have interest in a nintendo console or an mario game he will never be my king... i just want to say that things aren't so straight forward as people want it to be... there is always another point of view...

Did we say YOUR king? Nope. We said, the King. The man that shaped the industry, although you never played to any of his game.

well there is no absolute truth about this and i can disagree with the OP... the same way your are disagreeing with me! that is why this is a forum and we speak our mind!



Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Sergiodaly, name me another video game character that has saved the video game industry, sold more units (either as core titles or spin offs), generated more revenue, has a larger consumer awareness and has lasted more years of continuous success than Mario.

The debate isn't about who your favorite character is but rather who is the king of the industry.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

Christhor said:
jarrod said:
Christhor said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
Mad55 said:
regardless Mario is king this generation and as a whole hes most definitively king. Though Pokemon is on the creep creep lol. Though i don't think they will ever surpass Mario nor do they deserve to. they don't innovate.

How has Mario innovated this gen?

Center of gravity based 3D platforming.  More innovative than any other platformer this gen.

I don't see how "Gravity" is an innovation, as it is featured in every 3D Platformer i know of.

Center of gravity, not just gravity.  In Mario Galaxy you aren't jumping just up/down, each land mass has it's own center of gravity, gravitational pull and this impacts the actual platforming and general game design greatly.  There's not really any other platformer like it (well, at least until Galaxy 2 in 2.5 months). To be honest, I can't think of anything more innovative for the genre since the original move to 3D (which Mario also helped pioneer).

Well ya know, Ratchet and Clank 3 had a couple of worlds that were a lot like Galaxy. Just sayin'. =)

OT: Wii Series! Wii Series! Wii Series!

R&C's barely a platformer these days, it's more run'n gun.  And it didn't really have the same sort of implementation, it wasn't multiple centers of gravity effecting platforming physics.  It was just spherical worlds, which have been done forever in platformers even.

Insomniac's "we did spherical worlds first" comments were pretty funny in context too...

Insomniac said that? Well that spesific part of R&C3 was very platform-centric. Galaxy implemented it much, MUCH better, but I still instantly thought about that part in R&C while playing.

Does R&C3 pre-date the Mario 128 demo shown at Spaceworld in 2000, or it's first reference in a 1997 interview? Seeing as that eventually became Mario Galaxy...



VGChartz