Quantcast
Buy Windows Vista... Should I?

Forums - PC Discussion - Buy Windows Vista... Should I?

you should, i think vista (32-bit) is great, i prefer it XP and cant see why it gets hated on so much



 

 

Around the Network
fazz said:
Oh BTW, I decided to keep XP Pro for some time.

I had the chance to check Vista with my sister's laptop. It was years ago since I last saw a BSOD :P
Wow, old thread resurrection.  Good choice staying with XP though.

 



I also like Vista (business) more then my old xp version (home), one reason is maybe I got it for free (woo-hoo university rocks!!!), but my notebook is now working a lot better due to drivers updates and especially the bios update.



Hana-Bi said:
I also like Vista (business) more then my old xp version (home), one reason is maybe I got it for free (woo-hoo university rocks!!!), but my notebook is now working a lot better due to drivers updates and especially the bios update.

Yeah, it's a reason why I love Vista; updating drivers and BIOS never got easier. I've never had any problems with it at all, so I don't why anyone would complain about it. I have Home Premium, and I love it.



No, I hate Vista.

(And I am a Vista owner)



Around the Network

I have both and Vista is a resource hog. I'd stay away from it as long as possible.



Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Steve 3.2 said:
I have both and Vista is a resource hog. I'd stay away from it as long as possible.

I often wonder how many statements like this are due to an inability to correctly read Vista's performance indicators however each time I soon remember I don't really care.



Oh yeah... I kept XP for you wondering. Graphical diference is negligible between both.



If you feel like wasting all your system's resources like ram on just running vista then yea go for it but if you want to use your system resources for i dunno, gaming then i would say stick with xp... My new laptop has vista and has 1 gig ram and it takes forever to boot up and the whole system is lagging since vista is using so much ram.



Summaro400ex said:
If you feel like wasting all your system's resources like ram on just running vista then yea go for it but if you want to use your system resources for i dunno, gaming then i would say stick with xp... My new laptop has vista and has 1 gig ram and it takes forever to boot up and the whole system is lagging since vista is using so much ram.

 Vista is a resource hog, so it's a mistake to go with it with only 1 gig of ram in the first place. But yea, not like I'm in the position to say that to anyone... 



I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154