Quantcast
brandon1546's Posts - page 1
brandon1546

    84

    L1: Ghost (416 until level 2)
    brandon1546
    • A 37 year old male gamer
    • United States
    • Joined on March 28th 2018, last online on 10 June 2018.
    • Profile Views: 334
    • Forum posts: 28 times which averages 0 posts per day
    • User Reviews: 0 reviews
    •   VG$ 1,100.00

    Badges: (view all)

    1st Birthday Has been a VGChartz member for over 1 year.
    Harvest Time Logged in at the start of Spring.
    So You Came Back For More, Huh? Logged in a second time.
    'Ello Princess! Awarded for signing up.

    Recent Posts

    < 1 - 20 of 28 <
    Write 134

    Nintendo and its prices

    in Nintendo Discussion on 09 June 2018

    I'll be curious if anything changes now that Furukawa will be the new Nintendo President. ...

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 09 June 2018

    A lot of people assume that subscription plans = bad for consumers. It is entirely true that could be the case. At the same time, it could go the other way. There are a lot of costs that a subscription plan eliminates: The cost of producing the physical media The cost of the retailer (Walmart, Best Buy, etc) getting their cut The cost of used game retailers making money buying/selling used...

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 08 June 2018

    CaptainExplosion said: brandon1546 said: I realize this is important to you and many others, and you are completely fine to hold that opinion. I just don't think ownership is as important to the general population as you think. I could be wrong of course but that is my perception. If it was priced really well, people will like it.  I would point to the success of Adobe...

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 08 June 2018

    CaptainExplosion said: brandon1546 said: Whether or not people will accept subscription based gaming will depend on how it is priced and the perceived value. My guess is if you polled the 80 million console owners of PS4, that most would not be philosophically opposed to subscriptions. They would be if they realized it would mean NOT OWNING THE GAMES THEY PLAY...

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 08 June 2018

    Whether or not people will accept subscription based gaming will depend on how it is priced and the perceived value. My guess is if you polled the 80 million console owners of PS4, that most would not be philosophically opposed to subscriptions. ...

    Write 63

    I just checked Microsoft net worth and I'm in shock?

    in Gaming Discussion on 08 June 2018

    I have seen estimates that if MS sold off Xbox, it would be worth about $25B. When you look at MS's value currently being around $750B, it kind of makes Xbox look like a small hobby Microsoft has on the side! :) ...

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 08 June 2018

    It was not that long ago that cell phone plans had a set number of minutes of phone calls you could make and the number of texts you could send. Hard to predict the state of technology in 10 years. With Microsoft in particular, if the XB2 is no more successful than the XB1, I could see there being no XB3 and MS instead goes all in on streaming. Sony is more likely to still do a PS6 IMO....

    Write 125

    Ubisoft CEO Says Next Console Generation Will Be The Last

    in Gaming Discussion on 07 June 2018

    Assuming the next console generation is 2020, the "next" console generation would be due around 2027. By then, with the roll out of ultra low latency 5G, Ubisoft may well be right. I'm sure that the game developers "want" them to be right. ...

    Write 335

    Will this be the last year PS4 outsells Switch?

    in Sales Discussion on 02 June 2018

    nanarchy said: brandon1546 said: If you look at the current value of the companies, Nintendo is worth $47B and Sony is worth only about a third more at $60B. This is quite remarkable when Playstation is only 25% of Sony's revenue. So either the remaining 75% of Sony is viewed as only worth $13B, or (more likely), the investing community views Nintendo as more valuable than...

    Write 335

    Will this be the last year PS4 outsells Switch?

    in Sales Discussion on 02 June 2018

    If you look at the current value of the companies, Nintendo is worth $47B and Sony is worth only about a third more at $60B. This is quite remarkable when Playstation is only 25% of Sony's revenue. So either the remaining 75% of Sony is viewed as only worth $13B, or (more likely), the investing community views Nintendo as more valuable than PlayStation. So while people are quick to assume that...

    Write 335

    Will this be the last year PS4 outsells Switch?

    in Sales Discussion on 02 June 2018

    Hard to really say since we don't know what Sony and Nintendo will do with pricing/bundles. However, if 2019 is led by the new 8th Gen Pokemon and a 2D Mario (a not unrealistic assumption), I have to give the edge to Switch. ...

    Write 227

    Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

    in Nintendo Discussion on 31 May 2018

    Sony and Nintendo have different pricing strategies at the moment, so it is hard for me to compare their hardware sales directly on a one-to-one basis. Nintendo also is actively selling multiple systems, like the SNES classic, 3DS, and Switch. While Playstation sold more hardware and software units last Oct - Dec than Switch, Nintendo made a lot more money than Sony's game division (like about...

    Write 102

    does microsoft afford to release the Xbox after the PS5?

    in Gaming Discussion on 28 May 2018

    MS clearly as a company is moving into being a primarily cloud-services company. Based on comments from MS I have seen, I believe they see the long-term future of gaming as primarily online streaming-based, not traditional console-based. So I expect MS is much more concerned about “winning” the long-term streaming video game market, than they are concerned about “winning” the next traditional...

    Write 93

    Can NINTENDO make traditional home console that sells well?

    in Nintendo Discussion on 27 May 2018

    Nintendo certainly could attempt it, but at least at this point they have no motivation to do so. If you compare Sony and Nintendo's 2017 Investor reports, Nintendo made more profit before taxes than the Sony game division last year (202 Billion Yen vs. 177.5 Billion Yen). So while the consensus among gamers is that Sony is "winning," Nintendo made more money last year, so why would they change?...

    Write 86

    10 ports the Switch totally should have :-)

    in Nintendo Discussion on 24 May 2018

    I did not care for playing Mario games on the Wii. I'd love a port of Mario Galaxy where the motion controls are tied to a button instead. ...

    Write 162

    Nintendo now selling Switch systems without a dock in Japan

    in Nintendo Discussion on 23 May 2018

    It is not surprising that people are reacting to the price and lack of a charger. However, Nintendo seems to be very much a margin-focused company. If you look at Sony's and Nintendo's full year financial reports, you see that Sony's Game Division (Playstation) had about twice as much total revenue as all of Nintendo, but Nintendo was actually more profitable, due to much higher margins....

    Write 26

    Switch could mark the return of Nintendo R&D1 style first party games

    in Nintendo Discussion on 22 May 2018

    After the Gamecube, Nintendo clearly was trying to find a unique console offering, first the Wii, then the WiiU, then the Switch. From their comments I think they feel good about the Switch format, so if the Switch continues to succeed, I expect their next console will be another Switch iteration. I don't expect a whole new form factor and control scheme. So I think they are gong to go all-in...

    Write 210

    Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version announced for Switch, launches this coming week

    in Nintendo Discussion on 21 May 2018

    kirby007 said:"Its baffling how many miss the fact aside it being a port, how groundbreaking this is. This could mean the end of hardware cycles as we know it if this works well." I agree. In perhaps less than a decade, between fiber to the home and the rolllout of 5G, internet speeds and latency will probably be to the place where companies can roll out very inexpensive "consoles" that only...

    Write 210

    Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version announced for Switch, launches this coming week

    in Nintendo Discussion on 21 May 2018

    I recently saw a video with the CEO of Verizon talking about how 5G's ultra low latency will allow much better video game streaming. So in a few years you could theoretically stream games on your switch on the go, if you live in an urban area at least. Whether you like it or not, I think this is probably the direction much of the industry will be going in the next 3-7 years....

    Write 107

    Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

    in Gaming Discussion on 21 May 2018

    Sony doesn't appear to really need a great E3 for all the reasons said by others. Nintendo does need a great E3, if only because they have told their investors they want to ship 20m units this fiscal year, so they have put pressure on themselves to deliver a huge year. From a gaming perspective, MS does need a great E3, for the reasons said above. On another level, Xbox is a very small...

    < 1 - 20 of 28 <

    Game Stats

    brandon1546 hasn't added any games yet!