SALES & DEALS
GOG's Midweek Sale, called Outstanding Indies, offer up to 75% discounts on a selection of indie games until July 13th: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190710_midweek_sale
Now that the Summer Sale is over, Steam has gone back to its usual sales. For today there are two daily deals and two Midweek Madness deals (although there are other games on sale too):
- The first daily deal is the Early Access game Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, 25% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/784150/Workers__Resources_Soviet_Republic/
- The second one is Do Not Feed the Monkeys, 45% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/658850/Do_Not_Feed_the_Monkeys/
- When it comes to the Midweek Madness deals, they're these two:
- Generation Zero is 30% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/704270/Generation_Zero/
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is free to try for the next 6 days, and 67% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/
And at Fanatical, there are sseveral new deals:
- The new Star Deal is God’s Trigger, 40% off for the next 24 hours: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/god-s-trigger
- ARK: Survival Evolved is no longer the Star Deal, but it's still on sale with a slightly lower 65% discount for the next 5 days: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/ark-survival-evolved
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys is 45% off for the next 9 days: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/do-not-feed-the-monkeys
- Frostpunk is half its price for the next 9 days: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/frostpunk
- Sonic Mania gets a 70% discount for the next 10 days: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sonic-mania
- The Dynasty Bundle features 3 games at a 96% discount for the next 14 days: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dynasty-bundle
- And the Dollar Battle Bundle (guess how much it is?), has 14 games at a 99% discount: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-battle-bundle
SOFTWARE & DRIVERS
NVIDIA GeForce 431.36 WHQL driver improves performance in The Division 2, Metro Exodus & Strange Brigade
NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 431.36 WHQL driver adds support for the SUPER GPUs and improves performance in The Division 2, Metro Exodus & Strange Brigade.
Furthermore, this new driver adds support for three new G-SYNC compatible monitors (these models are the LG 34GL750, HP 25mx, and HP Omen X 25f). This driver also adds an SLI profile for F1 2019, something that may please those that are still using SLI systems in 2019.
As NVIDIA noted, the performance increase in Metro Exodus is 10.5% compared to the previous Game Ready Driver. The Division 2 sees 3.6% performance improvement and Strange Brigade sees a 7.7% performance improvement.
>> Available from here.
This Doom 2 mod turns off all the lights
Doom 2 is pretty well-lit for a labyrinth full of demons, and after 25 years its power to intimidate has perhaps diminished a little, but there's a solution! Night64K is a mod that turns out all the lights, forcing you navigate the darkness with flares.
Regular Doom 2 in the dark would of course be entirely impossible, so regular enemies have been stripped out and replaced by Shadows, nasty monsters that will invade your personal space and try to tear you to shreds.
>> Get it from ModDB.
Destiny 2 update 126.96.36.199 released, brings Clan, Sandbox, Menagerie & General improvements, full release notes
Bungie has released a brand new patch for Destiny 2. According to the release notes, this patch will update your game’s version to 188.8.131.52 and comes with a number of Clan, Sandbox, Menagerie, Crucible, Eververse and General improvements, fixes and tweaks.
StarCraft Remastered Graphics Overhaul, StarCraft Cartooned, is now available for download
Last month, we informed you about a graphics overhaul for StarCraft Remastered, called StarCraft Cartooned. And today we are happy to report that this overhaul is now available for download, completely free.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood Official PC Requirements, will require 40GB of free hard-disk space
Bethesda has revealed the official PC requirements for Wolfenstein: Youngblood. According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an AMD FX-8350/Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-3570/i7-3770 with 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 770 (current available GPU GTX1650) or AMD equivalent.
First in-engine trailer released for Codemasters’ new GRID racing game
Codemasters has released the first in-engine trailer for its upcoming racing game, GRID (the team claims that this is a gameplay trailer but as you will see, it mostly features external replay camera viewpoints).
Please excuse my bad English.
Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070
Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.