Friday news part two:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Story Creator has spawned a lot of farming quests
After filling Assassin's Creed Odyssey with countless new quests, most of them free, Ubisoft decided to let players take over and start crafting their own ancient adventures. The Story Creator is based on the tools used to create the game and boasts a huge 157-page manual, though it's less complicated than it sounds. And how have these new powers been put to use by players? Farming XP, mostly.
Total War: Three Kingdoms' gore DLC includes 'equine dismemberment'
Total War: Three Kingdoms is pretty light on gore, but it's about to get some gruesome DLC that will smear blood and limbs across the battlefield. Lovely! Every Total War gets one. Unfortunately, horses are also on the chopping block this time, and their legs can be lopped off. Probably something we could all do without seeing.
Arma 3's alien expansion will add new factions, terrain and more to the sandbox
Arma 3, Bohemia Interactive's serious military sim, is going a bit X-Files. Arma 3: Contact, announced last month, is a spin-off expansion set during first contact with alien life, and while it could have been a tongue-in-cheek novelty, so far it appears to as straight-faced as its predecessor.
GTA Online's Diamond Casino and Resort will open later this summer
Last week, Rockstar teased the long-awaited opening of the Vinewood Casino in GTA Online, a snazzy joint that's been in the game for years but has never actually been accessible to players. Today it revealed a little more about what's in store, including the proper name: The Diamond Casino and Resort.
EA CEO says Anthem is 'not working very well' but vows to stick with it (and BioWare)
In a lengthy interview with GameDaily.biz, Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson acknowledged that Anthem was a disappointment, but said that the game is "compelling" enough at its core that BioWare and EA are going to stick with it—and tha
Dota Underlords open beta is now live on Steam and mobile devices
Dota Underlords, Valve's standalone take on the Dota Auto Chess mod for Dota 2 (which, let us not forget, is Valve's standalone take on the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3), is now live and free on Steam. Valve said it expects the game to stay in Early Access for "a few months," with new features added at regular intervals.
Killing Floor 2 is free this weekend to start the Back and Kickin' Brass Summer Event
Tripwire Interactive recently kicked off its Killing Floor 2 summer event with the release of a new free content update called Back and Kickin' Brass. The steampunk-themed update adds a new "Transport" Objective mode to the game and a new map called Steam Fortress, plus limited-time skins, objectives, and cosmetics, and the return of Zeds from last year's Summer Sideshow.
Children of Morta gets a time-limited demo on Steam, and it's really good
Children of Morta was announced in 2014 as a roguelike action game about the Bergsons, an extended family that's served as the guardians of the mystical Mount Morta for generations. It was expected to release in 2018 but at the last minute, developer Dead Mage Studio delayed it into 2019. With launch now just a few months away, the studio has released a (very) time-limited demo that covers the first chapter of the story and two playable members of the family: John, the father, and his eldest daughter Linda.
Roadwarden's demo lets you test its cool attitude-driven conversation system
RPGs shouldn't have to focus on combat, shouldn't have to even feature it, and an upcoming example of the latter is intriguing text-based RPG Roadwarden. In it, you play as a sort of highway defender, protecting the roads from hostile creatures and the resurrected dead. It's a fantasy world brought to life with environmental pixel art, but mainly with big giant globs of narration and dialogue.
Time to check the GOG and Steam deals for the weekend:
- The weekly sale brings up to 80% discounts on "memorable classics": https://www.gog.com/promo/20190618_weekly_sale
- The weekend sale brings up to 90% discounts on games that revolve around destiny: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190621_weekend_sale
- Next Day: Survival is the first, and legit, daily deal, 80% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/519190/Next_Day_Survival/
- Jurassic World Evolution is going to be 70% off for the next 4 days: https://store.steampowered.com/app/648350/Jurassic_World_Evolution/
- Insurgency: Sandstorm is free to try and 30% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/581320/Insurgency_Sandstorm/
- The recently translated to English 中国式家长 / Chinese Parents is 33% off for the weekend: https://store.steampowered.com/app/736190/__Chinese_Parents/
- Nioh: Complete Edition is 60% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/
- NetherRealm Studios puts its games on sale this weekend, with up to 75% discounts: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nrs/
- And of course, the weeklong deals.
That's all folks! Have a happy and gaming weekend.
Please excuse my bad English.
Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070
Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.