I don't particularly see any major parallels with this story and the examples that were given.
Taste is subjective. I would have taken it to be in better taste, if he at least dedicated a full tweet to the people that died for this country.
The bothersome part for me is that Obama got hit on for less.
it's almost like after a shooting is the perfect time to talk about preventing more shootings.
When is the right time to talk about fallen soldiers, the economy, or jobs?
1). So you're OK with him stroking his ego while insulting the fallen soldiers of the very armed forces he is elected to lead? You're OK with a leader that is ignorant of protocols, decorum, procedure, propriety, operations and standards for the function he leads?
2). Uh, we do hear it constantly. You just don't watch, read or listen to the news or editorials that lend to such discussions. Besides, when you have what amounts to a mass shooting practically every week...that's a pretty constant discussion. And I say discussion in the loosest terms given the right has no interest whatsoever in said discussion.
3). You might want to talk to a Catholic or Muslim. They do mourn their solemn holidays. That said, the methods of observation for one group regarding their ceremonial institutions and special days are not directly equitable in methods of observation for other groups. By the way, Good Friday and Passover are not generally a 'celebrated' day. You don't say, "Happy Good Friday" do you (I really hope not)? Hang on....were you thinking of Easter? The celebration of Jesus resurrection and rising from the grave?
All that aside, the observance of Memorial Day has always been one of solemnity, introspection, sacrifice, and sorrow. In fact, by law, we are supposed to pause at 3 PM for 1 minute in silent observation.
4). You know ISIS isn't defeated, right? I hope you didn't believe Trump when he made that claim. Even his own national security advisor, John Bolton, has had to admit they are not defeated. How did Yemen turnout, by the way? And aren't we looking at a war with Iran now? But that's irrelevant because you are playing the whataboutism game. But Obama this and Clinton that. Are they president right now? No. Aren't you the people that always tell us "He won, get over it"? In other words, accept that Trump is president and deal with it. Well, I'm dealing with it and calling him out for his bereft qualifications for military leadership.
5). Active duty is about 1.4 million. A further 800,000 in reserves. Plus around 21 million veterans. So about 23 million directly connected plus dozens of millions more family. Who speaks for them requires a multifaceted answer. One could say Trump himself as he is the Command in Chief. Another answer is the Secretary of Defense, James Mattis. A 3rd option is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the senior most military officer in the US, General Joseph Dunford, USMC. The first two are considered civilians and not actually military. And of course you can see each member speaks for themselves. But most who have personally spoken on the issue are not "happy" about it.
6). Well, hell yes that's something to be happy about. Not sure what M.A.D. has to do with Memorial Day but I'm happy about it to. So does it worry you any that Trump kept asking his foreign policy experts why we can't just use nukes?
1. He's not insulting them. What about silicon valley? Steve Jobs let's say? What a horrible person who didn't just follow suit and decided to do their own thing in so many different ways. BAD APPLE!
2. We? I don't live in an echo chamber? Preventing future incidents, yet they continue to happen weekly?
3. GOOD Friday? GOOD? If nobody follows the law and nobody enforces it, well...
4. No I'm not. Where did you get that idea? You realize if Trump lost that would by default have made Hillary Prez? Just brush that one off? If neither would be worthy, then you're saying both sides should complain, for the sake of complaining, knowing neither was fit for that part of the position? Complain because reasons?
5. Orange = Bad. Great math lesson.
6. Worries me about as much as the Dems/Left not understanding why they lost, and then blaming everything but the actual reasons why they lost. If only the U.S. Gov had checks and balances...
The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau