If I died protecting my family from someone looking to do them harm, and I could be brought back from purgatory years later, only to find the criminal found a loophole or was given an extremely weak sentence, especially if he got back out and ended up harming my family, I'd be beyond pissed. I'd haunt that criminal, judge, and lawyer until they all ended up in the mental institute. Now if I was brought back and that judge or some authority was bragging about how I saved my family and that POS would be behind bars for decades yet and that my family was safe and sound and doing well, even if he was by chance banging my wife and taking care of my kids, I'd finally be able to move on and go in peace. I'd maybe haunt him for a night or two just to mess with him, but then I'd be good. lol
You and your analogies.
1. Trump is the president and the Commander in Chief of the military. This is the not acceptable for his station. For he should both know better and should respect the institution he's stroking his ego over.
2. Democrats talking gun control after a tragedy is about protecting lives and preventing further tragedy. Has nothing to do with using a solemn moment to stroke an ego. But again, this is you with your non-sequitur analogy.
3. Can I just point out that you don't say "Happy Memorial Day"? This isn't a birthday. You don't say happy regarding fallen soldiers. When men and women take the day to weep at the graves of lost loved ones. When vets take remembrance of their brethren that never made it home. The last thing you say to a Gold Star family is, "Happy Memorial Day". And then brag about an economy (that was largely built by the previous administration anyway).
4. 5 faked draft deferments. This man doesn't have to the moral right to lead our military let alone represent how to respect the federal holiday of Memorial Day.
5. You might not think it's a big deal but everybody I know in the military or former military isn't happy with it. That includes me, my wife, my oldest son, my step-father, my brother, his wife, their daughter, my grandfather, all of my staff and on and on.
But let's take things up a notch and look at what he said this year. “I have to wish you all a very happy Memorial Day," He said this directly to active service members on the USS Wasp in Japan. This proves that not only is he clueless about the message "very happy" says but he doesn't even know what Memorial Day really means and who it is for. But the real kicker, he said it to Japanese soldiers on their ship too. He is completely and wholly unaware of the context of which he just said those words. Memorial Day became commonly observed at the end of WWII...the war were we fought Japan. The leader of our military....
Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."