Thanks a lot. This is great. I didn't knew about half of these updates to games. The favorite tracker is new to me, as is the thing about user reviews. Also it is really great to click on Favorites in a game and see which users all have marked it as a favorite.
With all these new stuff, I thought about even more new and shiny stuff (yes, yes, I am greedy).
OK, that is all that randomly came to mind reading about all these improvements. You do great work here on the site, Talon!
- With both the 'Agreed with'-Feature and the 'Subscribe thread'-feature the need for useless posts is reduced, the tagged- or +1-posts. But these posts generated VG-points for the thread-starter which are now missing. But probably 'agreed with' should give VG-points to the poster of the post you agree and subscription give points to the thread-starter.
This has been done ("Agreed with" nets the author 2 points, a "Subscribed to" nets the author 3 points). A few fixes and enhancements were done, while I was under the hood with this:
- The thread author will receive notification of somebody subscribing to their thread
- I fixed the potential bug, where somebody could repeatedly click "agree with" to spam a user with notifications - a notification (and subsequently, point assignment) will only happen the first time a user agrees with the post. They can click that thumb as many times as they want afterwards, but it will NOT spam the author, nor will it generate repeated points for the same click.
- Similarly, since points are being awarded for thread subscribes, the OP will no longer see a "Subscribe to Thread" link in their own thread (prohibiting users from farming points by subscribing to their own thread) - and repeatedly subscribing and unsubscribing will NOT spam the author, nor will it generate repeated points.
- Betting in the prediction league could also be an activity which gives you points.
This is done - each time you enter a game in the Prediction League, you earn 10 points (happy @kirby007 ?)
- The sliders for the game scoring are hard to read in the Blue theme (dark blue on dark grey).
I'll continue working through some of these other ones, as time allows - and update this thread, accordingly...