2018 was definitely a weaker year for music (at least, for me, I assume it was a good year for OP since he seems to have the polar opposite music taste of me). Still, I ended up with 200+ songs in my favourites playlist, so selecting 10 will be difficult... I'll do 20 .
Agreed here, Prequelle is one of my favourite albums of the year, although if I were only putting two songs on a list it'd be Dance Macabre and Miasma, gotta' love a good instrumental, and when the sax comes in... oh baby! :P
I'm just gonna' pick ten of my favourite songs of this year at random, without repeating bands, and in no specific order since it's hard to put certain songs above others;
1. Avatar - King After King
2. Ice Nine Kills - Love Bites
3. The Amity Affliction - Set Me Free
4. Asking Alexandria - Alone In A Room (Acoustic)
5. Light The Torch - Calm Before The Storm
6. Beartooth - Clever
7. Parkway Drive - Chronos
8. Bad Wolves - Remember When
9. Mike Shinoda - Over Again
10. As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave
It's hard to pick just one song for each, especially when they come from albums that are absolutely amazing from start to finish, lol. Now if this were top ten ALBUMS of the year, it'd probably be easier, lol.