|Mr Puggsly said:
1) Xbox is also a vehicle for push MS products to the gamer demographics. Again, the Xbox brand has recouped some losses. As I mentioned before the Xbox 360 was a proftiable endeavor and X1 might be as well.
2) If Playstation was losing money Sony would consider selling it. If X1 is losing money they will support it and maybe it will profit down the road. The Xbox 360 lost billions of dollars from hardware failures and still recouped.
3) I didn't say Sony was going to disapear. But you should bear in mind MS is in a good position so that means Xbox doesn't need to disappear. Right now they're weathering the storm and becoming proftiable is still a possibility.
I think I just made the same point 3 times.
1) It is fair to say that Xbox at the very least does allow MS to get their mindshare out there in different demographics. But again it all comes down to "Is it worth it?" Only MS can decide that, but it is easier to justify the expenses if the product at least makes a profit. That isn't debatable.
2) But Playstation isn't losing money. Also, MS doesn't need to be in a bad possition to consider selling/ending/transforming Xbox. Again they want to make money off their investments.
3) Who said MS is in a bad position? Nobody here. You know what's easier than weathering a storm? Not sailing into it.