H1Z1 will come to PC first and will cost 20$ to get into the Alpha/Beta and then it will become F2P. It uses a modified version of the Planetside 2 engine. I did not see any other posts about this game so I created this one. Who else is excited? I love survival games
- First Person or Third Person shooter
- Zombie Survival
- Night is dark and full of terrors
- Player versus Player at it's core.
- More than just zombies in the world
- Base Building, Town building, Fortress creation
- Can burn down things others build.
- Lots of crafting. Probably the biggest thing about the game.
- Vehicles are already in. Possibility of aircraft in the future.
- Based off the United States.
- If you die, you lose your gear
- "No skills or levels".
- "Thousands of players". I'm willing to bet this will be larger, playercount wise, than planetside 2.
- PC first, PS4 later. "Well, we are Sony" when asked about the PS4 version.
- "If you can run Planetside 2, you can run H1Z1 better".
- "Orders of magnitude larger than Planetside 2".
- Based of Planetside 2. Shares no tech with Everquest Next (so no Voxels).
- Built in voice chat options.
- Free to play
- Part of the All-Access subscription that SOE is launching this month. $15/mo for premium sub in all SOE games.
- "you seriously don't need to spend a dime. We're still figuring out the monetization but we will telegraph our plans early and let people comment and we'll listen if they don't like something and come to a place where people feel good about it." -Smed, in this thread
- Early Access ($20ish, on steam) in 4-6 weeks
A little gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lneZYriSbG4&feature=youtu.be
Official Web Site https://www.h1z1.com/home