Let me Review Nintendo's 2014 Console Lineup:
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Will likely only get around 80% on Metacritic, but will likely have at least 4 million sales)
- Yarn Yoshi (May sell a million or two, will have good reviews.)
- Super Smash Bros 4 (Will have good reviews and sell at least 7 million)
- Mario Kart 8 (Will have good reviews and sell to a third of Wii U owners.)
- X (Could be the FF7 of a new generation.)
- Bayonetta 2 (Will probably be a critical hit, but not sell much)
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Will be a huge deal among a niche crowd, likely will become the best seller in console history for at least one of the two franchises.)
Also, some multiplat games
- Watch Dogs
- Project Cars
- Call of Duty 11
- Skylanders 4
That's already about a dozen major games, and Nintendo is infamous for not announcing stuff until as late as possible. This should easily be the best year for Nintendo console fans since 2010.
There´s still a mysterious new franchise that Miyamoto is currently working on and another mysterious project that Retro started after finishing DKCR:TF. So expect a few more surprises next year.
There are a few third party efforts coming besides those you wrote, too: Lego City Movie, Child of Light, Taiko no Tatsujin WiiU, Formula One
I'm expecting Retro's mystery game to, along with Zelda Wii U, be the core lineup of the system in 2015.
You're right, there will be plenty of 3rd party support for at least some types of games. I just was focusing on what seemed to be "major" 3rd party titles. THat said, I forgot all about Taiko no Tatsuji!