Quantcast
Locked: SaveJames - Liberal mom forcing her son to act like a girl?

Forums - Politics Discussion - SaveJames - Liberal mom forcing her son to act like a girl?

the-pi-guy said:
I always wonder why people think that there are many parents who want their children to be transgender when they aren't.

That's something I see more and more on evangelical sites on the discussion of transgender children. They claim children are coming out as transgender because it's cool and trendy to do so. And nobody can convince those people otherwise. 



the-pi-guy said:
I always wonder why people think that there are many parents who want their children to be transgender when they aren't.

The assertion seems to be something along the lines of Munchausen by Proxy, which is essentially when a parent fakes an illness for their child in order to get attention for themselves. While this is a real mental illness and form of child abuse, I do believe this argument is rooted in the belief that transgenderism (especially among children and teens) isn't real. You don't really see the same accusations being directed towards the parents of most sick children despite it being more common to use illness than to use transgenderism (I am not personally aware of any confirmed cases of Munchausen by Proxy through transgenderism)...

Note: I am not claiming that transgenderism is an illness.



sundin13 said:
the-pi-guy said:
I always wonder why people think that there are many parents who want their children to be transgender when they aren't.

The assertion seems to be something along the lines of Munchausen by Proxy, which is essentially when a parent fakes an illness for their child in order to get attention for themselves. While this is a real mental illness and form of child abuse, I do believe this argument is rooted in the belief that transgenderism (especially among children and teens) isn't real. You don't really see the same accusations being directed towards the parents of most sick children despite it being more common to use illness than to use transgenderism (I am not personally aware of any confirmed cases of Munchausen by Proxy through transgenderism)...

Note: I am not claiming that transgenderism is an illness.

For this particular instance, I think this had to do with people believing the parent that is vocal. Luna's mother decided she wanted to keep things private while the father has been out running the christian and conservative news rounds. I understand the mother's choice to try to keep her child from becoming a national point of debate, but having only one side of the story made it so easy for those who wanted to see this as a crazy liberal mother forcing her child to be trans. It takes someone going through court records to find the other side of things and you see that what we heard was only the father and his friends while we missed the testimony of Luna, two therapists, a CPS agent, Luna's twin brother, and the mother herself. 

All that said, I again cannot blame the mother. Near the end of the video in the OP the author talks about how Luna's mom had a twitter account where she would post helpful little tips for parents on all kinds of topics like making sure kids where sun screen in the heat and he would read it from time to time. Before the author posted the video, Luna's mom actually killed this twitter because every post was getting incessantly hammered for the Luna issue by conservatives. The video author talks about how this affected him and he wasn't sure why because seeing the actual abuse hadn't really had such an effect. He came to realize that he had been ascribing this almost saint-like resilience and perfection on the mother, that as long as she could ignore all the hate this was just an internet argument that hadn't affected her life. Seeing her kill the twitter was a reminder that she isn't impervious to this, and while we all debate about these things on forums there are real people on the other side of these issues often times getting hurt. 

To be fair, I'm somewhat hamstringing the discussion to talk about that portion of the video, but I found it poignant and wanted to hear others' thoughts. 



...

Torillian said:
sundin13 said:

The assertion seems to be something along the lines of Munchausen by Proxy, which is essentially when a parent fakes an illness for their child in order to get attention for themselves. While this is a real mental illness and form of child abuse, I do believe this argument is rooted in the belief that transgenderism (especially among children and teens) isn't real. You don't really see the same accusations being directed towards the parents of most sick children despite it being more common to use illness than to use transgenderism (I am not personally aware of any confirmed cases of Munchausen by Proxy through transgenderism)...

Note: I am not claiming that transgenderism is an illness.

For this particular instance, I think this had to do with people believing the parent that is vocal. Luna's mother decided she wanted to keep things private while the father has been out running the christian and conservative news rounds. I understand the mother's choice to try to keep her child from becoming a national point of debate, but having only one side of the story made it so easy for those who wanted to see this as a crazy liberal mother forcing her child to be trans. It takes someone going through court records to find the other side of things and you see that what we heard was only the father and his friends while we missed the testimony of Luna, two therapists, a CPS agent, Luna's twin brother, and the mother herself. 

All that said, I again cannot blame the mother. Near the end of the video in the OP the author talks about how Luna's mom had a twitter account where she would post helpful little tips for parents on all kinds of topics like making sure kids where sun screen in the heat and he would read it from time to time. Before the author posted the video, Luna's mom actually killed this twitter because every post was getting incessantly hammered for the Luna issue by conservatives. The video author talks about how this affected him and he wasn't sure why because seeing the actual abuse hadn't really had such an effect. He came to realize that he had been ascribing this almost saint-like resilience and perfection on the mother, that as long as she could ignore all the hate this was just an internet argument that hadn't affected her life. Seeing her kill the twitter was a reminder that she isn't impervious to this, and while we all debate about these things on forums there are real people on the other side of these issues often times getting hurt. 

To be fair, I'm somewhat hamstringing the discussion to talk about that portion of the video, but I found it poignant and wanted to hear others' thoughts. 

Yeah, I made that post about the greater trend before watching the video, not about this specific incident. While it does seem like Munchausen by Proxy was mentioned in the video, it doesn't really seem to make any sense like you said.

I will say that the video was really well made and I highly advise anyone who has heard about this incident to at least watch a bit of it, as it does provide a substantial amount of additional context and show how the prevailing narrative is inaccurate and deceitful.

I feel like there isn't much else for me to say, however, I do think we see by how few posts this thread is getting though that those who do support stories like this aren't really interested in the truth and are just interested in propaganda for the culture war... Thats just my opinion though.



Hiku said:

Alex Jones' crowd are still harassing Sandy Hook parents for "faking their children's deaths", and talking about Pizzagate.
I think conspiracy theories primarily attract certain people.

Those who spend very little/no time researching stories they've read. And experience cognitive dissonance when presented with contradicting facts.

I've seen a lot of weird stories that sound suspect. Some here on these forums. And upon looking into them, often turn out to be inaccurate, because some key details were wrong/omitted, etc.

Best thing you can do is try to stay as informed as possible about subjects you take an interest in, that carry some importance, before voicing your opinion on them.
But unfortunately some people deliberately spread misinformation.

I mean you're wrong, but you believe what you want. We have an entire fake news media which lies directly to its audience with the exact opposite of the truth. It's pretty much the opposite. I am a conspiracy theorist of sorts and I have over 145 IQ.



teamsilent13 said:
Hiku said:

Alex Jones' crowd are still harassing Sandy Hook parents for "faking their children's deaths", and talking about Pizzagate.
I think conspiracy theories primarily attract certain people.

Those who spend very little/no time researching stories they've read. And experience cognitive dissonance when presented with contradicting facts.

I've seen a lot of weird stories that sound suspect. Some here on these forums. And upon looking into them, often turn out to be inaccurate, because some key details were wrong/omitted, etc.

Best thing you can do is try to stay as informed as possible about subjects you take an interest in, that carry some importance, before voicing your opinion on them.
But unfortunately some people deliberately spread misinformation.

I mean you're wrong, but you believe what you want. We have an entire fake news media which lies directly to its audience with the exact opposite of the truth. It's pretty much the opposite. I am a conspiracy theorist of sorts and I have over 145 IQ.

These tend to be mutually exclusive.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

teamsilent13 said:
Hiku said:

Alex Jones' crowd are still harassing Sandy Hook parents for "faking their children's deaths", and talking about Pizzagate.
I think conspiracy theories primarily attract certain people.

Those who spend very little/no time researching stories they've read. And experience cognitive dissonance when presented with contradicting facts.

I've seen a lot of weird stories that sound suspect. Some here on these forums. And upon looking into them, often turn out to be inaccurate, because some key details were wrong/omitted, etc.

Best thing you can do is try to stay as informed as possible about subjects you take an interest in, that carry some importance, before voicing your opinion on them.
But unfortunately some people deliberately spread misinformation.

I mean you're wrong, but you believe what you want. We have an entire fake news media which lies directly to its audience with the exact opposite of the truth. It's pretty much the opposite. I am a conspiracy theorist of sorts and I have over 145 IQ.

My IQ is 150.  I am still very stupid in a number of ways.  



SpokenTruth said:
teamsilent13 said:

I mean you're wrong, but you believe what you want. We have an entire fake news media which lies directly to its audience with the exact opposite of the truth. It's pretty much the opposite. I am a conspiracy theorist of sorts and I have over 145 IQ.

These tend to be mutually exclusive.

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society. I've been tested multiple times in my life. I have family whom are either successful outright or obvious underachievers. Such as my cousin being a doctor at age 21 with a lot of academic success and a perfect SAT or my grandmother who did not go to college, but got a full scholarship to go to Wharton and had extremely high skills with stenography. I forget the exact words per minute, but when my mother explained it to me years ago I looked up statistics and my grandmother wasn't far off the human records. I don't think this was any sort of mistake. My grandfather was a computer programmer for the government and was heavily relied upon by his leech fellow government workers. My uncle is a doctor in Mensa and I believe some intelligence group above it. Almost my entire family is believes in some level of untruth in society and is politically dissident (aka far right). Even the lowest IQ people in my family such as my Filipino side greatly outlier the average Filipino and are above normal intelligence. My father was in the Army Security Agency. Almost everyone in my family was measured with high IQ throughout life and put into gifted programs and such. Most of my online friends who would be considered conspiracy theorists are also of high intelligence and have measured as such.



teamsilent13 said:
SpokenTruth said:

These tend to be mutually exclusive.

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society. I've been tested multiple times in my life. I have family whom are either successful outright or obvious underachievers. Such as my cousin being a doctor at age 21 with a lot of academic success and a perfect SAT or my grandmother who did not go to college, but got a full scholarship to go to Wharton and had extremely high skills with stenography. I forget the exact words per minute, but when my mother explained it to me years ago I looked up statistics and my grandmother wasn't far off the human records. I don't think this was any sort of mistake. My grandfather was a computer programmer for the government and was heavily relied upon by his leech fellow government workers. My uncle is a doctor in Mensa and I believe some intelligence group above it. Almost my entire family is believes in some level of untruth in society and is politically dissident (aka far right). Even the lowest IQ people in my family such as my Filipino side greatly outlier the average Filipino and are above normal intelligence. My father was in the Army Security Agency. Almost everyone in my family was measured with high IQ throughout life and put into gifted programs and such. Most of my online friends who would be considered conspiracy theorists are also of high intelligence and have measured as such.

Whether you recognize it or not, you just validated my point.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
teamsilent13 said:

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society. I've been tested multiple times in my life. I have family whom are either successful outright or obvious underachievers. Such as my cousin being a doctor at age 21 with a lot of academic success and a perfect SAT or my grandmother who did not go to college, but got a full scholarship to go to Wharton and had extremely high skills with stenography. I forget the exact words per minute, but when my mother explained it to me years ago I looked up statistics and my grandmother wasn't far off the human records. I don't think this was any sort of mistake. My grandfather was a computer programmer for the government and was heavily relied upon by his leech fellow government workers. My uncle is a doctor in Mensa and I believe some intelligence group above it. Almost my entire family is believes in some level of untruth in society and is politically dissident (aka far right). Even the lowest IQ people in my family such as my Filipino side greatly outlier the average Filipino and are above normal intelligence. My father was in the Army Security Agency. Almost everyone in my family was measured with high IQ throughout life and put into gifted programs and such. Most of my online friends who would be considered conspiracy theorists are also of high intelligence and have measured as such.

Whether you recognize it or not, you just validated my point.

No. You made no valid points yet.