Quantcast
The US Politics |OT|

Forums - Politics Discussion - The US Politics |OT|

the-pi-guy said:

EricHiggin said:

The first is basically Chinese, even to him.
Second:
"People who you are fighting..... may love their kids." lol WTF? Ya so what?
"Yara goes to school with my daughter." lol WTF? Ya so what?
"If all you're doing is casting stones..uuuhhh......" lol.

It's almost as if before and after the Presidency, he wasn't such a great speaker, which he is so well known for, yet is praised for that by some.
Trump is himself for the most part, which obviously works based on how things are going, yet he's hated by some and should be more 'Presidential'.

I thought it was progressive to be all about being yourself. So why do progressives seem to hate when that actually happens?

>The first is basically Chinese, even to him.

Has absolutely nothing to do with what coherence is.

>"People who you are fighting..... may love their kids." lol WTF? Ya so what?

He's talking about how people can have good and bad qualities.  He's giving examples of how just because you're fighting with someone doesn't mean they're monsters.  

>"Yara goes to school with my daughter." lol WTF? Ya so what?

One random comment in the middle isn't the same as making an entire incoherent 2 minute interview question.  He still went back to what he was talking about before.  

>It's almost as if before and after the Presidency, he wasn't such a great speaker, which he is so well known for, yet is praised for that by some.

Obama is a decent public speaker.  Even at his worst moments during those speeches, nothing was as agonizing as Trump going off about something, something else, some third thing.  

I thought it was progressive to be all about being yourself. So why do progressives seem to hate when that actually happens?

Accepting that people are going to be themselves doesn't mean we should deal with people being bigots or idiots.  

Honestly sometimes, I wonder if you live in a different world from me where words have very different meanings.  Where the study of logic looks basically inside out from this universe's point of view.  

I disagree. He's just filling in gaps with whatever because it would sound even worse if he filled it with the long uuuhhh's like he did at the end.

The problem is it's fairly clear that there is no line. Being yourself is a decision progressives make on the spot, sometimes as a group, which is ridiculous. You can't properly run a country by making the rules up as you go. At the very least you have to have laws and standards, and maybe then they can be adjusted if it makes sense. How are people like Weinstein and Epstein allowed to do what they did, and thrive, with so many progressive people knowing and turning a blind eye? The same people who go around, promoting the fight against it. Cancel culture seems to be pretty lopsided as well for some odd reason. But hey, Gunn got fired, for a while, then was allowed to come back, even though the non progressives aren't. Nothing to see here.

At least they say it coherently...

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 16 January 2020

The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

EricHiggin said:
the-pi-guy said:

>The first is basically Chinese, even to him.

Has absolutely nothing to do with what coherence is.

>"People who you are fighting..... may love their kids." lol WTF? Ya so what?

He's talking about how people can have good and bad qualities.  He's giving examples of how just because you're fighting with someone doesn't mean they're monsters.  

>"Yara goes to school with my daughter." lol WTF? Ya so what?

One random comment in the middle isn't the same as making an entire incoherent 2 minute interview question.  He still went back to what he was talking about before.  

>It's almost as if before and after the Presidency, he wasn't such a great speaker, which he is so well known for, yet is praised for that by some.

Obama is a decent public speaker.  Even at his worst moments during those speeches, nothing was as agonizing as Trump going off about something, something else, some third thing.  

Accepting that people are going to be themselves doesn't mean we should deal with people being bigots or idiots.  

Honestly sometimes, I wonder if you live in a different world from me where words have very different meanings.  Where the study of logic looks basically inside out from this universe's point of view.  

I disagree. He's just filling in gaps with whatever because it would sound even worse if he filled it with the long uuuhhh's like he did at the end.

The problem is it's fairly clear that there is no line. Being yourself is a decision progressives make on the spot, sometimes as a group, which is ridiculous. You can't properly run a country by making the rules up as you go. At the very least you have to have laws and standards, and maybe then they can be adjusted if it makes sense. How are people like Weinstein and Epstein allowed to do what they did, and thrive, with so many progressive people knowing and turning a blind eye? The same people who go around, promoting the fight against it.

At least they say it coherently...

Remember when I said you and Trump speak the same word salad language?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

I disagree. He's just filling in gaps with whatever because it would sound even worse if he filled it with the long uuuhhh's like he did at the end.

The problem is it's fairly clear that there is no line. Being yourself is a decision progressives make on the spot, sometimes as a group, which is ridiculous. You can't properly run a country by making the rules up as you go. At the very least you have to have laws and standards, and maybe then they can be adjusted if it makes sense. How are people like Weinstein and Epstein allowed to do what they did, and thrive, with so many progressive people knowing and turning a blind eye? The same people who go around, promoting the fight against it.

At least they say it coherently...

Remember when I said you and Trump speak the same word salad language?

Remember when I talked about jumping the gun...



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

Remember when I said you and Trump speak the same word salad language?

Remember when I talked about jumping the gun...

I don't think you understand what that idiom means.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Remember when I talked about jumping the gun...

I don't think you understand what that idiom means.

几乎像是因为它是沙拉...

The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

Remember when I said you and Trump speak the same word salad language?

Remember when I talked about jumping the gun...

Maybe you should create poll on who is least coherent - Obama, Musk or Trump...?



Biggerboat1 said:
EricHiggin said:

Remember when I talked about jumping the gun...

Maybe you should create poll on who is least coherent - Obama, Musk or Trump...?

Maybe on the same day a presidential election is determined solely by a popular vote.

Don't need polls to figure out how those turn out.



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

EricHiggin said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Maybe you should create poll on who is least coherent - Obama, Musk or Trump...?

Maybe on the same day a presidential election is determined solely by a popular vote.

Don't need polls to figure out how those turn out.

Democrats win then, as usual.

After all, both Trump and Bush junior lost the popular vote.



EricHiggin said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Maybe you should create poll on who is least coherent - Obama, Musk or Trump...?

Maybe on the same day a presidential election is determined solely by a popular vote.

Don't need polls to figure out how those turn out.

What negative traits, if any, do you think Trump has relative to his peers?



China just agreed to buy $200 billion worth of US products

"We think it is highly challenging for China to import $200 billion more goods and services from the US over the next two years without reducing imports from elsewhere," said analysts at UBS.

Agricultural goods account for a big chunk of the new purchases. Under the agreement, China will buy an additional $12.5 billion of those goods in year one, and then $19.5 billion in year two, compared to 2017.

Among the products it has promised to buy are soybeans, pork, cotton and wheat. Trade in soybeans and pork in particular has been hit hard as tensions have escalated between the world's two largest economies.

Both products were among thousands of US goods hit by Chinese tariffs in July 2018, in response to the Trump administration's taxes on $34 billion of Chinese goods.

In addition to the purchases announced on Wednesday, the initial deal provides better protection to American companies that have long complained about thefts of their intellectual property and trade secrets.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/16/business/us-china-phase-1-trade-deal-details/index.html

Hard to get an accurate picture of the new trade deals but so far it looks like Trump scored major wins for the American economy.