Quantcast
Xbox Empire 2.0 - Inside Xbox February Recap | Microsoft Studios Rebrands To Xbox Game Studios | Crackdown 3 Launch Trailer | Game Pass February Lineup

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire 2.0 - Inside Xbox February Recap | Microsoft Studios Rebrands To Xbox Game Studios | Crackdown 3 Launch Trailer | Game Pass February Lineup

Is that Shadow of the Tomb Raider a full game on game pass? I was thinking about downloading it but the description says it's a trial version to play early chapters.



KiigelHeart said:
Is that Shadow of the Tomb Raider a full game on game pass? I was thinking about downloading it but the description says it's a trial version to play early chapters.

It is the full game and it looks absolutely stunning. Quite an improvement from RotTR:

https://i.imgur.com/H28Geys.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9w3TGQ2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e3mHhv9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NjalzfP.jpg

(original screens look far better. They got compressed from 10MB to 0.5MB, but you get the idea.)



Damn, big news for classic WRPG lovers.

Baldur’s Gate
Baldur’s Gate ll
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Icewind Dale
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights

will be ported to consoles this year!
All of them will be available digitally and physically.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n36358/skybound-and-beamdog-bring-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more-to-console

Last edited by Barozi - on 07 February 2019

So I did the wrecking ball stress test for Crackdown 3. The style and feel of Crackdown are certainly there but I was underwhelmed with the destruction, and the MP just feels almost like old mindless PS2 multiplayer most shooters had back then. Though in defense of the destruction, there’s apparently a super powerful rocket launcher I didn’t use, and other modes are likely much more entertaining than this one.



She worked on Until Dawn and Detroit, 2 excellent story driven games, another good pickup. 





With them switching to Xbox game studios, does this mean a new logo and boot for MS published games? I’ve grown so used to the old one



Barozi said:

Damn, big news for classic WRPG lovers.

Baldur’s Gate
Baldur’s Gate ll
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Icewind Dale
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights

will be ported to consoles this year!
All of them will be available digitally and physically.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n36358/skybound-and-beamdog-bring-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more-to-console

Yes!



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:

She worked on Until Dawn and Detroit, 2 excellent story driven games, another good pickup. 

Not an appropriate adjective for Detroit: BH.  



http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539766

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539767

(2-part retrospective blog on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's campaign)

I played the Crackdown 3 stress test as well. One thing I was surprised about was how good it ran on my crappy internet connection. I use wifi, which I can't even play Gears 4 without lag, but Wrecking Zone ran well without issues. As far as performance goes, it definitely doesn't run at a consistent framerate. With that said, having lock-on aiming, framerate doesn't matter as much. As far as gameplay goes, very simply mechanics with how things play out. I only played 2 matches, but by the second, I got the hang of it, and did relatively well with going 11-3. As someone who was really only interested in the single player for CD3, the stress test perked my interest a bit more. I can definitely see it getting old if they don't have a compelling ranking or progression system in place. Hopefully they add more stuff to it over time like; maps, game modes, and whatever else.