Quantcast
February 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 285k, XBO: 258k, Wii U: 82k

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 285k, XBO: 258k, Wii U: 82k

Superior PC version of Titanfall for £32 on Amazon uk. grab it if you're interested.



Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

That's a worrying low Vita number, but we've come to expect that. It's sad, but it's too far gone at this point.

The 3DS number is perhaps more concerning, though. The system should be growing or at least remaining flat, however, it's heavily down. Concerning times lie ahead, maybe?



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
That's a worrying low Vita number, but we've come to expect that. It's sad, but it's too far gone at this point.

The 3DS number is perhaps more concerning, though. The system should be growing or at least remaining flat, however, it's heavily down. Concerning times lie ahead, maybe?


Not really, we kno in todays market HH arent going to be as big. 3DS #s might be low but it aint as bad as some might think, especially coming off of 2013 amazing library yet it sold as much as it did (with XY/LoZ/etc) is proof enough that market has shrunk alot. 



tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
That's a worrying low Vita number, but we've come to expect that. It's sad, but it's too far gone at this point.

The 3DS number is perhaps more concerning, though. The system should be growing or at least remaining flat, however, it's heavily down. Concerning times lie ahead, maybe?


Not really, we kno in todays market HH arent going to be as big. 3DS #s might be low but it aint as bad as some might think, especially coming off of 2013 amazing library yet it sold as much as it did (with XY/LoZ/etc) is proof enough that market has shrunk alot. 

It would be fine if the 3DS was a secondary platform for Nintendo that they could just shrug off the handheld business shrinking to pre-1998 (Pokemon/GBC launch) levels ... but 3DS is supposed to be their lead product, all that much moreso now that Wii U is an all out flop. 

It's pretty bad, dude. No wonder Nintendo is rushing to make their senior citizen/soccer mom box. They badly need new revenue streams. 

They're almost certainly now looking at another fiscal year of losses, 3DS sales will be lower this year (hugely down in Japan) and Wii U is likely never going to drive much of any profit, they need another price cut at least. 



3DS tracking below its already low yearly average (4m). Nintendo have to be worried going forward how their handheld business is going to sustain in the west.



 

Seece said:

3DS tracking below its already low yearly average (4m). Nintendo have to be worried going forward how their handheld business is going to sustain in the west.


Barring a miracle 3DS is going to be down YoY probably considerably ... they don't have much in the way of software for it this year, and Smash is probably going to be diluted in impact because it's on Wii U and traditionally a console franchise. 



Soundwave said:
Seece said:

3DS tracking below its already low yearly average (4m). Nintendo have to be worried going forward how their handheld business is going to sustain in the west.


Barring a miracle 3DS is going to be down YoY probably considerably ... they don't have much in the way of software for it this year, and Smash is probably going to be diluted in impact because it's on Wii U and traditionally a console franchise. 

Yeah, I'm seeing around 3m for the year. Under 10m WW for sure.



 

Better than expected for both primary home consoles. Me likey.

If MSFT and Sony keep each others feet to the fire everyone will be happy playing great games at great prices and then VGC no longer needs a forum!!!!! yeah!



Seece said:
Soundwave said:
Seece said:

3DS tracking below its already low yearly average (4m). Nintendo have to be worried going forward how their handheld business is going to sustain in the west.


Barring a miracle 3DS is going to be down YoY probably considerably ... they don't have much in the way of software for it this year, and Smash is probably going to be diluted in impact because it's on Wii U and traditionally a console franchise. 

Yeah, I'm seeing around 3m for the year. Under 10m WW for sure.

Considering it's looking way down in Japan, I'd say 8m or so sounds about right tbh.



pezus said:

Considering it's looking way down in Japan, I'd say 8m or so sounds about right tbh.

that would be aweful honestly. and if that really happens 3DS would end at around 60 million, probably 70 tops.