In an effort to spur some discussion ahead of each month's NPD results I make something I call "bold preditions" each month. These predictions are inteded to be controversial and debatable so as to encourage conversation. Here are my predictions for the month of May:
RexNovis' Bold Predictions
May 2016 Edition
- Overwatch will be outsold by Uncharted 4 at retail but Overwatch's WW total revenue including digital and microtransactions will not only exceed UC4 but also exceed that of Halo 5's initial reported HW, Accessory and Software revenue of $400 million by at least 1.5 times.
- Doom will rank in the top 4 for the month sell more than 2.5 times that of The Division which will rank in the bottom 3 for the month
- Uncharted 4 will sell less than 1 million copies at retail excluding bundles but manage to outsell Battleborn by more than 9 times.
- Doom will sell the most retail copies on XB1.
- Homefront will not only not rank bit will sell fewer than 50k copies and will sell less than half as many copies at retail as Battleborn.
- Ratchet and Clank, Minecraft, and The Division will all rank higher than Battleborn.
- PS4 will outsell XB1 by a margin of at least 70k units and will sell more than 6 times the number of units as WiiU